Wscript.shell refusing to run a command from an ASP page
Author Message
 Wscript.shell refusing to run a command from an ASP page

I have just moved an ASP page from a IIS 4 webserver to a IIS 5 one.
The ASP uses the Run method of the Wscript.Shell object to run a dirty old
batch file to do some processing. I don't get any errors at all, just
nothing happens. The script runs quite happily if you start it manually.
It used to work on the old server.
There aren't any permission problems, It still doesn't get called even when
the page is running in the context of an administrator.

Has anyone seen anything similar? I can't find anything in MSDN and I am
starting to lose it!!!!!

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:22:27 GMT

1. Shell command from ASP via WScript.Shell?

2. Going crazy with WScript.Shell.Run command

3. Problem running WScript.Shell from asp

4. wscript.shell in .asp to run ftp script

5. wscript.shell in .asp to run ftp script

6. WScript.Shell Run: Security context under IIS/ASP

7. Executing a *.vbs script using wscript.shell on a *.asp page

8. Running a WHS Shell from an ASP page

9. Can't use wscript.shell in asp

10. Error with WScript.Shell in ASP

11. Wscript.Shell, DOS command and server issue ...

12. Running WSH from ASP Page - at command