Cannot open asp file application/msword
Author Message
 Cannot open asp file application/msword

When I try to open an asp page that has a ContentType
of "application/msword", I get an error from Internet
Explorer that says it cannot open that site.  Anyone know
a solution?

Thanks
Mark

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:56:47 GMT
 Cannot open asp file application/msword
Are you actually writing a word document to the client?
e.g. using Response.BinaryWrite ?  If you're not, IE may
be crapping out because you're not sending it what you're
telling it you are.

Nathan Ernst

Quote:

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:01:20 GMT
 Cannot open asp file application/msword
What is the exact error message you see?

Regards,
Gang Guo
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:05:30 GMT

1. Open non-MSWORD file with MSWORD application

2. Open an Application, then open another application

3. Open a file in an opened application

4. Cannot Open my *.mdb file (it says error 3015 Indexes - but I think corrupted file)

5. How to open a file for read that is already open by another application

6. Help EPS file cannot be opened

7. Opening and Writing to Word Document From ASP.NET,C# application

8. Cannot run ASP pages anymore - COM+ and ASP error

9. Open an Msword document with jscrip

10. How to Open MSWord and Pass text from a web page

11. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

12. 1004 Project cannot open the file