couple of quick q's
Author Message
 couple of quick q's

Hi;

Just a couple of quick (and I assume very easy) questions, not entirely
devoted to ASP, but not far off:

1. When calling an .asp file from a form (which will delete database
records), I first want the user to see a 'Confirm' msgbox (e.g. Are you
Sure?).  The script being called if "OK" is chosen, and not called on
"Cancel".  Since this is for IE exclusively, a JavaScript or VBScript
solution is OK.

2. Some fields are named within a Loop, and are thus reliant on a particular
record.  How can I validate these (i.e. what do I use for the object name?).
Plus, how does one check if option in a radio button group has been selected
using VBscript?

TIA

Karl

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 couple of quick q's
1.  Use the following:

  <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME='Delete' VALUE=" Delete "
    onClick='return confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this?")'>

2.  I'm not sure I follow exactly, but try this:

  <INPUT TYPE=Text NAME=Text7
    onChange='verifyText( this.name, this.value )' >

where verifyText is a generic routine to verify inputs.

Ken

Quote:

>Hi;

>Just a couple of quick (and I assume very easy) questions, not entirely
>devoted to ASP, but not far off:

>1. When calling an .asp file from a form (which will delete database
>records), I first want the user to see a 'Confirm' msgbox (e.g. Are you
>Sure?).  The script being called if "OK" is chosen, and not called on
>"Cancel".  Since this is for IE exclusively, a JavaScript or VBScript
>solution is OK.

>2. Some fields are named within a Loop, and are thus reliant on a particular
>record.  How can I validate these (i.e. what do I use for the object name?).
>Plus, how does one check if option in a radio button group has been selected
>using VBscript?

>TIA

>Karl

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. A couple of quick questions

2. a couple quick DBGrid questions

3. A couple of quick questions

4. Moved from VBA to VB - Couple of Quick Questions

5. A couple (ok, well maybe a little more than a couple) of (beginner) questions

6. Selection 'Quick link' failing

7. Quick newbie question - 'Cint'

8. A couple of ?'s

9. Couple o' easy questions

10. de-couple VB's default Help invocation

11. Quick crash'n'exit because of ACCESS VIOLATION

12. Quick Basic and DBF's