Web Sharing directories - HOW?
Author Message
 Web Sharing directories - HOW?

I am trying to create a script that will read in usernames from a text file
and create home directories for the users, set the NTFS permissions to FULL
for the user and FULL for the Administrator, then webshare that directory on
the default website on the server (windows 2000 adv. server).

I can create the directories and probably set the permissions with
cacls.exe.

Need users to be able to read, write and browse their directory over the
web, but disable all scripts.

How do you setup Web Sharing and attributes for a directory in a script?

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:34:51 GMT
 Web Sharing directories - HOW?
Hello,
Well, it's not the shortest answer, but a very good article that does most
of what you're describing can be found at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnclinic/html/scripting061220...
frame=true

Hope that helps,
Muhammad

Quote:
> I am trying to create a script that will read in usernames from a text
file
> and create home directories for the users, set the NTFS permissions to
FULL
> for the user and FULL for the Administrator, then webshare that directory
on
> the default website on the server (windows 2000 adv. server).

> I can create the directories and probably set the permissions with
> cacls.exe.

> Need users to be able to read, write and browse their directory over the
> web, but disable all scripts.

> How do you setup Web Sharing and attributes for a directory in a script?

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:22:05 GMT
 Web Sharing directories - HOW?
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I've had some other problems to sort out
first. Thanks for pointing out this article, I'll give it a try.

Cheers,

Johnny

Quote:
> Hello,
> Well, it's not the shortest answer, but a very good article that does most
> of what you're describing can be found at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnclinic/html/scripting061220...
Quote:
> frame=true

> Hope that helps,
> Muhammad

> > I am trying to create a script that will read in usernames from a text
> file
> > and create home directories for the users, set the NTFS permissions to
> FULL
> > for the user and FULL for the Administrator, then webshare that
directory
> on
> > the default website on the server (windows 2000 adv. server).

> > I can create the directories and probably set the permissions with
> > cacls.exe.

> > Need users to be able to read, write and browse their directory over the
> > web, but disable all scripts.

> > How do you setup Web Sharing and attributes for a directory in a script?

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:33:27 GMT

1. Web Sharing directories - HOW?

2. Get Web sharing directory !! HRLP !!

3. Add multiple users from text file, create home directory + web share

4. WSH - sharing directories ( net share)

5. Using AppGetStatus on IIS web directory or virtual directory object

6. Sharing a directory using vb

7. Sharing a directory

8. Setting shares & permissions on home directories

9. How to create shared directories with VBscript

10. Moving Home Directory Shares

11. Check if directory is shared

12. Mapping to a directory inside a share