Registering file type thru vbs
Author Message
 Registering file type thru vbs

Hi everybody,

Would anybody teach me how to register a file type thru vbs? e.g.
registering ".txt" to "txtedit.exe"

Thanks!

Tat

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:35:49 GMT
 Registering file type thru vbs

Quote:

> Hi everybody,

> Would anybody teach me how to register a file type thru vbs? e.g.
> registering ".txt" to "txtedit.exe"

Here's a nice walkthrough someone wrote for doing that:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=qGx4...
4fa.6728%40skycache.prestige.net

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:15:37 GMT

1. Access vbs file thru ASP

2. Type Library won't register when the .exe using it is registered

3. Registered File types and the Run in place/Save as Dialog box in IE

4. Registering my program with a file type

5. Launching registered application based on file type

6. Application associated with registered file type

7. register a file type

8. Howto register a File Type to get opened with my VB5 App in Explorer

9. How to register file types?

10. "registering" new file types

11. Registering a file type for an App

12. Register File Type and getting it to Open???