How to run defrag at system shutdown through vbscript on windows2000
Author Message
 How to run defrag at system shutdown through vbscript on windows2000

Hi everybody!!!
Can someone help me? i would like to run the defragmentation tool at the
shutdown event with a VBScript
How can i do that ? or where can i found documents about it?

thanks a lot

Fierce_Brake

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:14:56 GMT
 How to run defrag at system shutdown through vbscript on windows2000

Quote:

> Hi everybody!!!
> Can someone help me? i would like to run the defragmentation tool at the
> shutdown event with a vbscript
> How can i do that ? or where can i found documents about it?

Hi

You will need a third party app, use e.g. the free AutoDeFrag:
http://www.webattack.com/get/autodefrag.shtml

Use task scheduler to schedule autodefrag, autodefrag will start and run Win
2k's defrag.

--
torgeir

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:28:48 GMT

1. VBScript Run Time error with Windows2000 when calling the CreateTextFile method

2. windows defrag before shutdown

3. Defrag routine with automatic shutdown

4. Can I vbscript a system shutdown/restart?

5. running a2ps in windows2000

6. Running Defrag from VBS

7. create a Script to run the default defrag utility on schedule

8. Creating a application that acts like a System Service in Windows2000/XP

9. ********* How to run defrag from command prompt on Windows 2000

10. ********* How to run defrag from VB on Windows 2000

11. Problem running a VB program under windows2000/XP

12. ActiveX Exe Is Not Running On Windows2000