rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop
Author Message
 rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop

I need to be able to reboot a PC by clicking on a link on the active desktop
wallpaper.

HELP!!!

The link can be a button or hypertext link, it doesn't matter.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop
Use the WScript.Run command and use the following system command:

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

Cut and paste, so you preserve the spacing.
--
Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as well.
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS

Quote:

> I need to be able to reboot a PC by clicking on a link on the active desktop
> wallpaper.

> HELP!!!

> The link can be a button or hypertext link, it doesn't matter.

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop
When I try to run this in NT5 I get "missing entry: SHExitWindowsEx"
Is there a way to do this in NT?

P.S. I am pointing it at C:\WINnt\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

Use the WScript.Run command and use the following system command:

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

Cut and paste, so you preserve the spacing.
--
Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as
well.
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm
--
The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)
--
Check out Doug's Windows 98 Tweaker
http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
.

Quote:
> I need to be able to reboot a PC by clicking on a link on the active
desktop
> wallpaper.

> HELP!!!

> The link can be a button or hypertext link, it doesn't matter.

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop
I don't run Win2K so couldn't tell you.   Apparently the function SHExitWindowsEX doesn't exist in the shell32.dll for Win2K.

--
Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as well.
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm
--
The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)
--
Check out Doug's Windows 98 Tweaker
http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
.

Quote:

> When I try to run this in NT5 I get "missing entry: SHExitWindowsEx"
> Is there a way to do this in NT?

> P.S. I am pointing it at C:\WINnt\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
> shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

> Use the WScript.Run command and use the following system command:

> C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

> Cut and paste, so you preserve the spacing.
> --
> Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as
> well.
> Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
> * Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm
> --
> The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
> obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)
> --
> Check out Doug's Windows 98 Tweaker
> http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
> .

> > I need to be able to reboot a PC by clicking on a link on the active
> desktop
> > wallpaper.

> > HELP!!!

> > The link can be a button or hypertext link, it doesn't matter.

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 rebooting a PC from a link on Active Desktop
fwiw... I get the same thing on Windows NT4

I don't run Win2K so couldn't tell you.   Apparently the function
SHExitWindowsEX doesn't exist in the shell32.dll for Win2K.

--
Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as
well.
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm
--
The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)
--
Check out Doug's Windows 98 Tweaker
http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
.

Quote:
> When I try to run this in NT5 I get "missing entry: SHExitWindowsEx"
> Is there a way to do this in NT?

> P.S. I am pointing it at C:\WINnt\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
> shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

> Use the WScript.Run command and use the following system command:

> C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

> Cut and paste, so you preserve the spacing.
> --
> Do not reply via e-mail. Reply to the newsgroups so others may benefit as
> well.
> Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
> * Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm
> --
> The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
> obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)
> --
> Check out Doug's Windows 98 Tweaker
> http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
> .

> > I need to be able to reboot a PC by clicking on a link on the active
> desktop
> > wallpaper.

> > HELP!!!

> > The link can be a button or hypertext link, it doesn't matter.

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems running script to execute programs/links or folders from Active Desktop

2. Executing programs/links/folders from Active Desktop

3. Script to execute programs/links/folders from Active Desktop

4. Hiding all Icons on the Desktop and Using Active Desktop

5. Hiding all Icons on the Desktop and Using Active Desktop

6. Synchronizing .cdb on Pocket PC to .mdb on Desktop PC

7. database from pocket pc to desktop pc

8. IE4 Active Desktop - how to tell if Active

9. Reboot to DOS and DIM Desktop?

10. reboot pc

11. Boot.bas - A program to reboot your IBM PC

12. Remote PC reboot??