calling a script from within a script?
Author Message
 calling a script from within a script?

Hi,
    Can anyone help me with a question? I have a script that creates a
framed webpage, so the HTML is not real; what's wrong with this code for
calling another script from within this script? The button just does
nothing! I use this format all the time for calling scripts from HTML, but
obviously there you use quotation marks. Is that the problem?

Thanks for the help.
Jason Hyde.

top.rightframe.document.write "<h1>Header</h1></html>"
top.rightframe.document.write "<p><form><textarea name=comments rows=10
cols=70>Comments text here</textarea></form>"
top.rightframe.document.write "<p><form><input type=button value=Send
name=Submit onclick=call scriptsubmit language=VBScript</form></html>"

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:21:13 GMT
 calling a script from within a script?
You appear to be missing a ">" at the end of your <input> tag.  Aside from
that...
Quotes are a Good Thing... So use some.  You can use single-quotes from
within the double-quotes... So you can do:

top.rightframe.document.write "<p><form><input type=button value=Send
name=Submit onclick='call scriptsubmit' language=vbscript></form></html>"

Does that work?

--Adam Machanic

Quote:
> Hi,
>     Can anyone help me with a question? I have a script that creates a
> framed webpage, so the HTML is not real; what's wrong with this code for
> calling another script from within this script? The button just does
> nothing! I use this format all the time for calling scripts from HTML, but
> obviously there you use quotation marks. Is that the problem?

> Thanks for the help.
> Jason Hyde.

> top.rightframe.document.write "<h1>Header</h1></html>"
> top.rightframe.document.write "<p><form><textarea name=comments rows=10
> cols=70>Comments text here</textarea></form>"
> top.rightframe.document.write "<p><form><input type=button value=Send
> name=Submit onclick=call scriptsubmit language=vbscript</form></html>"

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:40:16 GMT

1. Calling server-script from within client-script

2. Calling server-script from within client-script

3. Calling a script from within a script....

4. Calling a script from within a script....

5. calling a script from within a script / reading a string as a single argument from the command line

6. CGI Script Call from within VB Script

7. How to call a script within a script

8. Call another script within a script

9. Using Script from within ActiveX Control (scripting control???)

10. Call a VBA procedure from within VBS script?

11. Calling functions within a script

12. Call API Function from within script