How to copy files via shell32?
Author Message
 How to copy files via shell32?

hi,
i'm working on a vbs script that allows to copy files from my digicam to a
folder automaticly.
i tried the object.movefile method, but i don't like it...there is no status
window...
i would prefer the same copy method as with explorer...with the status
window.

it should be possible with a shell32 command, or a explorer call with
parameters?
can anyone help me with this?
is there a way to automate the explorer copy command? btw, i'm using win
2000.

thanks, marc

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:03:57 GMT
 How to copy files via shell32?
wsh Utilities - Using Microsoft's Move/Copy/Rename/Delete Applets in WSH...
http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/wshMoveCopyAppletsPage.htm

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> hi,
> i'm working on a vbs script that allows to copy files from my digicam to a
> folder automaticly.
> i tried the object.movefile method, but i don't like it...there is no status
> window...
> i would prefer the same copy method as with explorer...with the status
> window.

> it should be possible with a shell32 command, or a explorer call with
> parameters?
> can anyone help me with this?
> is there a way to automate the explorer copy command? btw, i'm using win
> 2000.

> thanks, marc

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:32:08 GMT

1. Copying files via HTTP

2. File/Folder copy via VB

3. How to get name of a file or folder copied via Explorer

4. How to copy file via API call?

5. how to copy files via API (animated)

6. MoveFileEx - copying/moving files via API calls

7. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

8. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

9. Find a copy a file with File.Copy method

10. Copy multiple files and checking if all files are copied

11. shell32.dll and file selection

12. File Find routines in Shell32.dll?