error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
Author Message
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error

error 'ASP 0115'
Unexpected error

/helpdesk/eng/prov-status1a.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.
I am in the process of modifying a successful ASP page, which produces a report,
so as to produce a different report.

When I run it, I get the error above. What happens next is that I get the same
error on any other ASP (but not HTML) pages which I try to access on this
intranet site.

We then start getting an error message saying that too many people are trying to
access the server. This affects all other users and makes the site unusable. It
appears to be incorrect - the person in charge of the server spent some time
pursuing that & decided it was a false lead.

We have to reboot the server to get things going again.

"Error 'ASP 0115'  Unexpected error" also happens when I test it on my desktop
under PWS, but I have not had the too many users message on PWS.

I am attaching a copy of the offending page.

Can anyone assist?
Thank you in advance.

David Martin
http://www.*-*-*.com/

  daily_report4.asp
13K Download

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:24:21 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
Attaching the ASP page without indicating what line number throws the error won't accomplish much
;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

[...]

http://info.mountains.net.au/david

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:10:56 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
Unfortunately, it's not telling me what line number generates the error.
Hey, life wasn't meant to be easy!!  :-)

--
Yours sincerely
David Martin

Quote:
> Attaching the ASP page without indicating what line number throws the

error won't accomplish much
Quote:
> ;-)...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

> error 'ASP 0115'
> Unexpected error

> /helpdesk/eng/prov-status1a.asp

> A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
continue
> running.
> I am in the process of modifying a successful ASP page, which produces a
report,
> so as to produce a different report.

> When I run it, I get the error above. What happens next is that I get the
same
> error on any other ASP (but not HTML) pages which I try to access on this
> intranet site.

> We then start getting an error message saying that too many people are
trying to
> access the server. This affects all other users and makes the site
unusable. It
> appears to be incorrect - the person in charge of the server spent some
time
> pursuing that & decided it was a false lead.

> We have to reboot the server to get things going again.

> "Error 'ASP 0115'  Unexpected error" also happens when I test it on my
desktop
> under PWS, but I have not had the too many users message on PWS.

> I am attaching a copy of the offending page.

> Can anyone assist?
> Thank you in advance.

> David Martin
> http://info.mountains.net.au/david

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:50:02 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
Then you need to do some server side debugging, even if it's just response.writes or output to a
text log file that traces the flow of the server side code up to the point of failure...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Unfortunately, it's not telling me what line number generates the error.
> Hey, life wasn't meant to be easy!!  :-)

> --
> Yours sincerely
> David Martin
> Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
> Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
> http://info.mountains.net.au

> > Attaching the ASP page without indicating what line number throws the
> error won't accomplish much
> > ;-)...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> > --

> > error 'ASP 0115'
> > Unexpected error

> > /helpdesk/eng/prov-status1a.asp

> > A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
> continue
> > running.
> > I am in the process of modifying a successful ASP page, which produces a
> report,
> > so as to produce a different report.

> > When I run it, I get the error above. What happens next is that I get the
> same
> > error on any other ASP (but not HTML) pages which I try to access on this
> > intranet site.

> > We then start getting an error message saying that too many people are
> trying to
> > access the server. This affects all other users and makes the site
> unusable. It
> > appears to be incorrect - the person in charge of the server spent some
> time
> > pursuing that & decided it was a false lead.

> > We have to reboot the server to get things going again.

> > "Error 'ASP 0115'  Unexpected error" also happens when I test it on my
> desktop
> > under PWS, but I have not had the too many users message on PWS.

> > I am attaching a copy of the offending page.

> > Can anyone assist?
> > Thank you in advance.

> > David Martin
> > http://info.mountains.net.au/david

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 04:16:42 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
I am also facing the same problems, since last few days,
and after going through your script some of my doubts are cleared,
I was thinking that there is some thing wrong I m doing with the
Command object during execution of stored procedures,
but strangely you are not using them.

Meanwhile I come across this paragraph from Wrox Publication...

==
ASP errors generally arise when there is a problem in a component or
with the server it self. the most common are the ASP 0177 error when using
server.createobject
and the dreaded ASP 0115 error that generally indicates an error has occured
with in the components code. However stopping and starting the webservice,
or rebooting the server,
will some times can cure the later.
==

I hope it will help us to get out of this problem...
but dont know how?

Looking For help

Nilesh
http://www.hbinternet.co.uk

Quote:
> Unfortunately, it's not telling me what line number generates the error.
> Hey, life wasn't meant to be easy!!  :-)

> --
> Yours sincerely
> David Martin
> Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
> Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
> http://info.mountains.net.au

> > Attaching the ASP page without indicating what line number throws the
> error won't accomplish much
> > ;-)...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> > --

> > error 'ASP 0115'
> > Unexpected error

> > /helpdesk/eng/prov-status1a.asp

> > A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
> continue
> > running.
> > I am in the process of modifying a successful ASP page, which produces a
> report,
> > so as to produce a different report.

> > When I run it, I get the error above. What happens next is that I get
the
> same
> > error on any other ASP (but not HTML) pages which I try to access on
this
> > intranet site.

> > We then start getting an error message saying that too many people are
> trying to
> > access the server. This affects all other users and makes the site
> unusable. It
> > appears to be incorrect - the person in charge of the server spent some
> time
> > pursuing that & decided it was a false lead.

> > We have to reboot the server to get things going again.

> > "Error 'ASP 0115'  Unexpected error" also happens when I test it on my
> desktop
> > under PWS, but I have not had the too many users message on PWS.

> > I am attaching a copy of the offending page.

> > Can anyone assist?
> > Thank you in advance.

> > David Martin
> > http://info.mountains.net.au/david

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:07:53 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
I to have found the problem on our intranet whilst coding a page, I have
managed to narrow it down to a piece of incorrect code

After inserting this piece of code into a page the server goes down like a
{*filter*} on heat.

<input type="hidden" name="id" value='<%edit(8)%>'></FORM>

This is a normal working form, I suspect the problem is here
value='<%edit(8)%>'> edit in a recordeset pulled out of an SQL server all
the other edit array parts work fine. I can also
response.write edit(8)
This works fine.

Same asp error 0115

I hope this is some help, when the server is working again I shall try
narrow down the problem.

Thanks
Andy

Quote:

> [...]

> > > error on any other ASP (but not HTML) pages which I try to access on
> this
> > > intranet site.

> > > We then start getting an error message saying that too many people
are
> > trying to
> > > access the server. This affects all other users and makes the site
> > unusable. It
> > > appears to be incorrect - the person in charge of the server spent
some
> > time
> > > pursuing that & decided it was a false lead.

> > > We have to reboot the server to get things going again.

> > > "Error 'ASP 0115'  Unexpected error" also happens when I test it on
my
> > desktop
> > > under PWS, but I have not had the too many users message on PWS.

> > > I am attaching a copy of the offending page.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:30:05 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
<input type="hidden" name="id" value='<%=edit(8)%>'></FORM>

/Lasse

Quote:
> I to have found the problem on our intranet whilst coding a page, I have
> managed to narrow it down to a piece of incorrect code

> After inserting this piece of code into a page the server goes down like a
> {*filter*} on heat.

> <input type="hidden" name="id" value='<%edit(8)%>'></FORM>

> This is a normal working form, I suspect the problem is here
> value='<%edit(8)%>'> edit in a recordeset pulled out of an SQL server all
> the other edit array parts work fine. I can also
> response.write edit(8)
> This works fine.

> Same asp error 0115

> I hope this is some help, when the server is working again I shall try
> narrow down the problem.

> Thanks
> Andy

> > I am also facing the same problems, since last few days,
> > and after going through your script some of my doubts are cleared,
> > I was thinking that there is some thing wrong I m doing with the
> > Command object during execution of stored procedures,
> > but strangely you are not using them.

> > Meanwhile I come across this paragraph from Wrox Publication...

> > ==
> > ASP errors generally arise when there is a problem in a component or
> > with the server it self. the most common are the ASP 0177 error when
> using
> > server.createobject
> > and the dreaded ASP 0115 error that generally indicates an error has
> occured
> > with in the components code. However stopping and starting the
> webservice,
> > or rebooting the server,
> > will some times can cure the later.
> > ==

> > I hope it will help us to get out of this problem...
> > but dont know how?

> > Looking For help

> > Nilesh
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > Unfortunately, it's not telling me what line number generates the
> error.
> > > Hey, life wasn't meant to be easy!!  :-)

> > > --
> > > Yours sincerely
> > > David Martin
> > > Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
> > > Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
> > > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > error won't accomplish much

> > > continue
> produces a
> > > report,

> > the
> > > same
> > this

> are
> > > trying to
> > > unusable. It
> some
> > > time

> my
> > > desktop

> --

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:32:57 GMT
 error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error
Thanks,
Thats what I thought, I knew the code was incorrect but how it brings down
the entire server is strange.
The other posts I have been reading go into all sorts of indepth
discussions, do you think they have made a similar simple error?

Andy

Quote:

> <input type="hidden" name="id" value='<%=edit(8)%>'></FORM>

> /Lasse

> > I to have found the problem on our intranet whilst coding a page, I
have
> > managed to narrow it down to a piece of incorrect code

> > After inserting this piece of code into a page the server goes down
like a
> > {*filter*} on heat.

> > <input type="hidden" name="id" value='<%edit(8)%>'></FORM>

> > This is a normal working form, I suspect the problem is here
> > value='<%edit(8)%>'> edit in a recordeset pulled out of an SQL server
all
> > the other edit array parts work fine. I can also
> > response.write edit(8)
> > This works fine.

> > Same asp error 0115

> > I hope this is some help, when the server is working again I shall try
> > narrow down the problem.

> > Thanks
> > Andy

> > > I am also facing the same problems, since last few days,
> > > and after going through your script some of my doubts are cleared,
> > > I was thinking that there is some thing wrong I m doing with the
> > > Command object during execution of stored procedures,
> > > but strangely you are not using them.

> > > Meanwhile I come across this paragraph from Wrox Publication...

> > > ==
> > > ASP errors generally arise when there is a problem in a component or
> > > with the server it self. the most common are the ASP 0177 error when
> > using
> > > server.createobject
> > > and the dreaded ASP 0115 error that generally indicates an error has
> > occured
> > > with in the components code. However stopping and starting the
> > webservice,
> > > or rebooting the server,
> > > will some times can cure the later.
> > > ==

> > > I hope it will help us to get out of this problem...
> > > but dont know how?

> > > Looking For help

> > > Nilesh
> > > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > error.

> the

> > produces a

> get
> > > the
> > > this

> > are
> > some

> > my

> > --

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:30:06 GMT

1. error 'ASP 0115'

2. 'ASP 0115 : 8000ffff'

3. 'ASP 0115 : 8000ffff'

4. Run-time error '50003' Unexpected Error

5. Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

6. asp 0115 error

7. ActiveX DLL & ASP 0115 error

8. Need Help with 'Unexpected Error'

9. Unexpected Error '50003'