API, DLL, AX-DLL
Author Message
 API, DLL, AX-DLL

Can VBScript access API-functions, functions in DLL's and ActiveX-DLL's? And
how does it work?
Thanks

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 API, DLL, AX-DLL

VBScript can use COM components from ActiveX DLLs or EXEs (assuming they aren't too script-unfriendly).

You can't make API calls into standard DLLs without 3rd party support.  There is a free component (DynWrap.dll) that let's you do this.  It may be simpler to write your own VB or VC++/ATL wrappers.

--
Michael Harris

  Can VBscript access API-functions, functions in DLL's and ActiveX-DLL's? And
  how does it work?
  Thanks

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 API, DLL, AX-DLL

Thank you for the information!
Where can I get the DynWrap.dll and can you please give me an code-example to get access to the functions of any dll in vbscript?
Thanks

  VBScript can use COM components from ActiveX DLLs or EXEs (assuming they aren't too script-unfriendly).

  You can't make API calls into standard DLLs without 3rd party support.  There is a free component (DynWrap.dll) that let's you do this.  It may be simpler to write your own VB or VC++/ATL wrappers.

  --
  Michael Harris

    Can VBscript access API-functions, functions in DLL's and ActiveX-DLL's? And
    how does it work?
    Thanks

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 API, DLL, AX-DLL

You can get it at Clarence's site (well worth your while to go and browse ;-)...

Win32 Scripting
http://cwashington.netreach.net
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/query.asp
http://cwashington.netreach.net/main_site/downloads

Here's a direct link to the download:

Dynawrap.dll... Access Windows APIs...
[ Windows95 version ] and [ WindowsNT version ]
Michael Hines  posted a message on the newsgroup about this control and sent it to me. Something called DynaWrap. Basically it allows you to call functions from other DLLs that do not directly expose themselves to ActiveX clients. With it you can wrap API calls for usage with your scripts. Included is the complete source and a makefile for your C compiler, the DLL itself and a sample script that illustrates its usage. Keep in mind that you have to know the API call and correct syntax and parameters for the API to properly use this control. Those of you WSH power users out there need to go get this one.

/\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\

Gunter Born also has a "DynaCall Page" (it's actually DynWrap.dll)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/WSHBazaar/WSHDy...

As for example scripts, I don't have any and only one has been donated to Clarence's script repository...

a.. Encapsulate Dynawrap
Script Language: Jscript
  Encapsulates usage of DynWrap.dll

  Author: Steven Bondi
  Date Posted: 3/25/99
Maybe someone else will post some examples (I don't use DynWrap myself)...

--
Michael Harris

  Thank you for the information!
  Where can I get the DynWrap.dll and can you please give me an code-example to get access to the functions of any dll in vbscript?
  Thanks

    VBScript can use COM components from ActiveX DLLs or EXEs (assuming they aren't too script-unfriendly).

    You can't make API calls into standard DLLs without 3rd party support.  There is a free component (DynWrap.dll) that let's you do this.  It may be simpler to write your own VB or VC++/ATL wrappers.

    --
    Michael Harris

      Can VBscript access API-functions, functions in DLL's and ActiveX-DLL's? And
      how does it work?
      Thanks

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

2. wrapping AX dll?

3. >AX DLL's<

4. >AX DLL's<

5. >AX DLL's<

6. >AX DLL's<

7. Find files in AX DLL

8. Battle of the classes, how to get for each in my ax-dll

9. Protecting your AX EXE, DLL's

10. Ax DLL's

11. ax dll versioning & compatibliliy issues

12. Protecting your AX EXE, DLL's