Recordset paging 
Author Message
 Recordset paging

I have an ASP page the does a recordset paging.   The recordset and the
current page number are stored in session variables.  The problem that I
have is with the page number session varaible. If I refresh the page the
session variable gets incremented and the next result set is
shown (just like pressing the next button), but that is contrary to what I
need.

Is there a way to keep the absolute page value the same or prevent the
current
page number session variable from being incremented when the page refreshes?

Thanks in advance.
Sam



Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Recordset paging

Without seeing any of your code, and working on assumptions built
from your vague description, I'd say that you probably have a

Session("var") = Session("var") + 1

type line somewhere in your code. Session variables just don't
autoincrememnt themselves, so it's happening from somewhare.

The page number should only be updated when a user clicks "Next"
or on a specific page number that you have linked somewhere on
the page.

-Chad


Quote:
> I have an ASP page the does a recordset paging.   The recordset and the
> current page number are stored in session variables.  The problem that I
> have is with the page number session varaible. If I refresh the page the
> session variable gets incremented and the next result set is
> shown (just like pressing the next button), but that is contrary to what I
> need.

> Is there a way to keep the absolute page value the same or prevent the
> current
> page number session variable from being incremented when the page refreshes?

> Thanks in advance.
> Sam



Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Recordset paging
Thanks for your response.

That is exactly what I have in my code. But when I refresh the page, this
value gets incremented setting the
absolute page property to + 1;  it is the same as pressing the next button
where the same page gets called again
and the above process is repeated.

Any more help?


Quote:

> Without seeing any of your code, and working on assumptions built
> from your vague description, I'd say that you probably have a

> Session("var") = Session("var") + 1

> type line somewhere in your code. Session variables just don't
> autoincrememnt themselves, so it's happening from somewhare.

> The page number should only be updated when a user clicks "Next"
> or on a specific page number that you have linked somewhere on
> the page.

> -Chad



> > I have an ASP page the does a recordset paging.   The recordset and the
> > current page number are stored in session variables.  The problem that I
> > have is with the page number session varaible. If I refresh the page the
> > session variable gets incremented and the next result set is
> > shown (just like pressing the next button), but that is contrary to what
I
> > need.

> > Is there a way to keep the absolute page value the same or prevent the
> > current
> > page number session variable from being incremented when the page
refreshes?

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Sam



Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Recordset paging
Hi,

Don't you just have to move the Session("var") = Session("var") + 1 to a
onclick="" statement in your next button ???

hth

Henrik
--
------------
Oh My GOD... Well Yes I Know... I had to make a www page too.
Want to see my attempts at (advanced) ASP programming in the flesh ???
go to www.ohmegastar.dyndns.dk
------------


Quote:
> Thanks for your response.

> That is exactly what I have in my code. But when I refresh the page, this
> value gets incremented setting the
> absolute page property to + 1;  it is the same as pressing the next button
> where the same page gets called again
> and the above process is repeated.

> Any more help?



> > Without seeing any of your code, and working on assumptions built
> > from your vague description, I'd say that you probably have a

> > Session("var") = Session("var") + 1

> > type line somewhere in your code. Session variables just don't
> > autoincrememnt themselves, so it's happening from somewhare.

> > The page number should only be updated when a user clicks "Next"
> > or on a specific page number that you have linked somewhere on
> > the page.

> > -Chad



> > > I have an ASP page the does a recordset paging.   The recordset and
the
> > > current page number are stored in session variables.  The problem that
I
> > > have is with the page number session varaible. If I refresh the page
the
> > > session variable gets incremented and the next result set is
> > > shown (just like pressing the next button), but that is contrary to
what
> I
> > > need.

> > > Is there a way to keep the absolute page value the same or prevent the
> > > current
> > > page number session variable from being incremented when the page
> refreshes?

> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Sam



Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Display the recordset page by page

2. Need help passing SQL Statement to Next and Previous pages for Recordset Paging

3. search with recordset paging

4. Recordset Paging Question

5. PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO

6. ADO->MySQL And Recordset Paging

7. Recordset paging and cursor location

8. Recordset Paging & Cursor Location

9. Recordset Page/Filter Question

10. recordset paging

11. Unable to Use Recordsets Paging & stored Procedures together

12. Paging thru a recordset

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software