Import xls file into SQL Server using VBscript and exe function on remote server
Author Message
 Import xls file into SQL Server using VBscript and exe function on remote server

I am trying to create a function to take an xls file and
import it into a SQL table. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:50:20 GMT
 Import xls file into SQL Server using VBscript and exe function on remote server
-in SQL server Under Data transformation services, local packages
 Open an empty package (new package)
on the side you have kind of  a tool bar with different Connections and
Tasks
-pick an OLEDB provider for SQL. there you define the server name, table to
import into etc.
-Pick an Excel object. This is your source. Define name, location ect.
-Select a transform data task and connect both objects.
Do you want to run the job time scheduled?

 greetings   Armin

Quote:
> Yes I have but I am not understanding how to create a job to take the xls
> file to import into a table.  Also how to fire off that job through
> VBScript.

> Ryan

> > Did you check out the possibilities you have with DTS (Data transaction
> > services) on the SQL server (see also under
> microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
> > ?
> > greetings Armin

> > > I am trying to create a function to take an xls file and
> > > import it into a SQL table. Can anyone help?

> > > Thanks

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:14:19 GMT

1. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

2. using DTS to import a text file in SQL Server 7.0 with VB6

3. How can I import a text file into a sql server using Visual basic5

4. simple remote xml import into sql server

5. table import and export from and to SQL server via vbscript

6. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

7. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

8. Connecting to remote SQL server via Internet using ASP page and Comm object

9. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

10. How to kill a process on a remote NT server (without using rkill.exe)

11. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

12. Accessing Remote Server File Structure through activeX exe