Exe ASP from command line
Author Message
 Exe ASP from command line

WinNT 4.0 | ASP 3.0

I've found several postings on how to call .exe files from asp files and
info on WSH, but I am wondering if it is possible to execute an asp file
from the command line (simular to Perl for Win32).  I came across a
posting suggesting to bind IE4 or some browser to the asp extention, but
I am looking for a more elegant solution.

Gary
--
Gary C. New "Web Development, SMIP Interactive"
Smip Interactive, Inc.          v 703.442.5210 x233

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Exe ASP from command line
By executing from the command line, do you mean by the client.
if so, do you mean an asp file on the internet, or a local file.

opening a local file will get you nowhere, since the ASP code will then not
be processed, If you open a file on a server (through http) you can use:
"start http://myserver/myfile.asp" this will work for local files as well
but it wont be processed...

cheers

Palloquin

Quote:

>WinNT 4.0 | ASP 3.0

>I've found several postings on how to call .exe files from asp files and
>info on WSH, but I am wondering if it is possible to execute an asp file
>from the command line (simular to Perl for Win32).  I came across a
>posting suggesting to bind IE4 or some browser to the asp extention, but
>I am looking for a more elegant solution.

>Gary
>--
>Gary C. New "Web Development, SMIP Interactive"
>Smip Interactive, Inc.          v 703.442.5210 x233
>http://www.smip.com             f 703.442.5205
>http://www.creators.com
>Comics, advice, horoscopes and opinion - all the best in online
>entertainment.

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Exe ASP from command line
I wish to execute the .asp file from a dos prompt on the related IIS
machine without envoking a client browser.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Quote:

--
Gary C. New "Web Development, SMIP Interactive"
Smip Interactive, Inc.          v 703.442.5210 x233
http://www.smip.com             f 703.442.5205
http://www.creators.com
Comics, advice, horoscopes and opinion - all the best in online
entertainment.

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Exe ASP from command line
A quick and dirty approach:  Use graburl 'URL'.  I'm doing that with one
site that's worked well for a while.

Quote:

>I wish to execute the .asp file from a dos prompt on the related IIS
>machine without envoking a client browser.

>Hope this helps.

>Gary

>> By executing from the command line, do you mean by the client.
>> if so, do you mean an asp file on the internet, or a local file.

>> opening a local file will get you nowhere, since the ASP code will then
not
>> be processed, If you open a file on a server (through http) you can use:
>> "start http://myserver/myfile.asp" this will work for local files as well
>> but it wont be processed...

>> cheers

>> Palloquin

>--
>Gary C. New "Web Development, SMIP Interactive"
>Smip Interactive, Inc.          v 703.442.5210 x233
>http://www.smip.com             f 703.442.5205
>http://www.creators.com
>Comics, advice, horoscopes and opinion - all the best in online
>entertainment.

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Exe ASP from command line

2. getting output of command line exe

3. Trouble using blat.exe or command-line mailer in a vbscript

4. end task Outlook.exe from command line?

5. getting output of command line exe

6. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript

7. Scripting command line applications & Command Line Prompting

8. Help with Win 95 screen saver command line - command line.zip [1/1]

9. Outlook.exe command line switches

10. Executing command-line EXE and retrieving output

11. QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

12. VB5: Build *.EXE from command line with vb5 /make x.vbp