"run as" in login script
Author Message
 "run as" in login script

I would like to know how to do a "run as" in a login
script on my Windows 2000 pc's, so as I can start a
service on using the login script. The users who are not
part of the local or domain admin groups.

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:25:01 GMT
 "run as" in login script
this is asked at least once a week.  If you go to google.com and do an

> I would like to know how to do a "run as" in a login
> script on my Windows 2000 pc's, so as I can start a
> service on using the login script. The users who are not
> part of the local or domain admin groups.

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:49:34 GMT
 "run as" in login script

Quote:

> I would like to know how to do a "run as" in a login
> script on my Windows 2000 pc's, so as I can start a
> service on using the login script. The users who are not
> part of the local or domain admin groups.

Hi

Some 3rd party RunAs solution that "hides" (encrypt) username/password are
listed in the link below (buy solutions). Can be run from network shares, so
nothing needs to be installed on the client computers.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3E272913.27CBE26D%40hydro.com

If this is a more permanent task, you can also grant the users rights to start
the service:

HOW TO: Grant Users Rights to Manage Services in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288129

I would think you can use SetACL remotely to configure the rights on the
service on the different computers:

SetACL (freeware) at
http://setacl.sourceforge.net/
http://www.helge.mynetcologne.de/setacl/

SetACL can set permissions on:

Local or remote directories
Local or remote files
Local or remote printers
Local or remote registry keys
Local or remote Win32 services
Local or remote network shares

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:13:51 GMT

1. WSH - login scripting "if ingroup"

2. "RUN AS" from a script

3. Script "Not Responds" when run

4. JavaScript "\"" and WShell Run

5. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

7. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

8. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

9. network login using kernell32 "loginuserA"

10. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

11. Using variables in WshShell.Run ("....")

12. Running a command "in line"