CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated
Author Message
 CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated

I have a site that contains activeX controls and a CAB
file associated with it. When a first time users goes to
the site they are asked if they want to receive this CAB
file. Now the problem is when I update the VBScript and
repackage the CAB file it does not always update the
client when they return. Sometimes it does and sometimes
it doesn't. I have noticed that I can force it by going
into TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>SETTINGS>VIEW OBJECTS and
delete a related object and then go back and refresh the
page. I use Visual Studio's 'Package and Deployment
Wizard' to package the items and also make sure that the
VBScript version is incremented. Anyone know why the
client is not always getting updated?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 06:39:55 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. SQL Update not Updating

4. read/update access to document on client side (repost)

5. Server Side to Update Clients

6. Update Listbox on client side

7. Updating Session Variables with Client-Side code?

8. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

9. oledb: foxpro index file not updating after inserts and updates

10. Update cab file download

11. VBSCRIPT to change/update DNS Servers for client computers

12. OPEN a file on client side with vbscript