Calling a VB program using VBscript
Author Message
 Calling a VB program using VBscript

Hi, I need to launch a VB program that generate and publish in our Intranet
an Excel Report.

This program has been generated as an ActiveX DLL and in an ASP page the
following code launch the program:

<%
Set ap = Server.CreateObject("MyAppl.MyClass")
ap.GenerateReport(Date)
set ap=Nothing
%>

The problem i have is that the program called in this way doesn't work
properly and become imposible to terminate it using the NT TaskManager .

If someone knows another way to call a VB program from an ASP page, please
help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a VB program using VBscript

--
Michael Harris

You'll have to more specific as to what "doesn't work properly" means.

Creating objects implemented in VB ActiveX DLLs from ASP code is _extremely_ common...

  Hi, I need to launch a VB program that generate and publish in our Intranet
  an Excel Report.

  This program has been generated as an ActiveX DLL and in an ASP page the
  following code launch the program:

  <%
  Set ap = Server.CreateObject("MyAppl.MyClass")
  ap.GenerateReport(Date)
  set ap=Nothing
  %>

  The problem i have is that the program called in this way doesn't work
  properly and become imposible to terminate it using the NT TaskManager .

  If someone knows another way to call a VB program from an ASP page, please
  help me.

  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. calling a VB program from another VB program

2. Calling A VB Program From another VB Program

3. Calling AS/400 CL Program using Client Access ODBC, VB, and ADO

4. Calling vb program from asp page

5. Call non-Microsoft programs from VB program

6. API Hot Key call in VB program to activate another resident program

7. Recording Messages from Batch Programs in MS Access using VB Script

8. newbie - calling apps using vb scripting

9. Call Access Function from Outlook using VBScript

10. using vbscript to call dll function

11. call function in ActiveX using VBSCRIPT

12. Calling a dll using vbscript