Uploading file(s) via PWS on WinNT/9x
Author Message
 Uploading file(s) via PWS on WinNT/9x

Hello-

I'm attempting to setup an .asp page that will allow users to upload a
graphics file.   In my .asp file I have the following form defined:

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"   ACTION="upload.asp" METHOD="POST">
<P>File name: <INPUT TYPE="file">
</FORM>

which allows the user to press the 'browse' button to locate the desired
file to upload.

My question is, if running PWS v4.0 on a WinNT workstation or Win9x
workstation, is this allowed?  I realize that I have to d/l the Microsoft
Post Acceptor.  Will Post Acceptor run with PWS on the two above platforms
or do I need NT server with IIS?  If it won't work, then is there a way to
do this on WinNT/9x running PWS?

Any help would be grealty appreciated!

--
Christopher Campise
Engineer, Amherst Systems, Inc.

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Uploading file(s) via PWS on WinNT/9x
The system requirements for the Posting Acceptor as stated on the download page

Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=22657

- Microsoft Internet Information Server version 3.0 or greater

- Microsoft Active Server Pages

- Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows NT Server (x86), Microsoft Windows NT Server (Alpha), or
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation

===========================

PWS is based on IIS3 or IIS4 - depending on where you installed it from...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello-

> I'm attempting to setup an .asp page that will allow users to upload a
> graphics file.   In my .asp file I have the following form defined:

> <FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"   ACTION="upload.asp" METHOD="POST">
> <P>File name: <INPUT TYPE="file">
> </FORM>

> which allows the user to press the 'browse' button to locate the desired
> file to upload.

> My question is, if running PWS v4.0 on a WinNT workstation or Win9x
> workstation, is this allowed?  I realize that I have to d/l the Microsoft
> Post Acceptor.  Will Post Acceptor run with PWS on the two above platforms
> or do I need NT server with IIS?  If it won't work, then is there a way to
> do this on WinNT/9x running PWS?

> Any help would be grealty appreciated!

> --
> Christopher Campise
> Engineer, Amherst Systems, Inc.

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Uploading file(s) via PWS on WinNT/9x

Thanks!  I went to the site listed below and dl'ed the web post acceptor
file (or what I thought was the web post acceptor installation file) via the
link at the bottom of the page.  I installed it and then went to the
following for a sample of an .asp page on how to exactly use this:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/4/25.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0

On this page it tells me to verify that the cpshost.dll file is in my script
directory.  Well, needless to say, it isn't there nor on my system at all.
And when I ran the install program which I dl'ed, it tells me that it's the
Web Publishing Wizard, not the Web Posting Acceptor.  Is this an error?  Was
the incorrect file dl'ed?

Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Christopher Campise
Engineer, Amherst Systems, Inc.

Quote:
> The system requirements for the Posting Acceptor as stated on the download
page

> Microsoft Download Center
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=22657

> - Microsoft Internet Information Server version 3.0 or greater

> - Microsoft Active Server Pages

> - Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows NT Server (x86), Microsoft

Windows NT Server (Alpha), or
Quote:
> Microsoft Windows NT Workstation

> ===========================

> PWS is based on IIS3 or IIS4 - depending on where you installed it from...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

Quote:
> > Hello-

> > I'm attempting to setup an .asp page that will allow users to upload a
> > graphics file.   In my .asp file I have the following form defined:

> > <FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"   ACTION="upload.asp" METHOD="POST">
> > <P>File name: <INPUT TYPE="file">
> > </FORM>

> > which allows the user to press the 'browse' button to locate the desired
> > file to upload.

> > My question is, if running PWS v4.0 on a WinNT workstation or Win9x
> > workstation, is this allowed?  I realize that I have to d/l the
Microsoft
> > Post Acceptor.  Will Post Acceptor run with PWS on the two above
platforms
> > or do I need NT server with IIS?  If it won't work, then is there a way
> > do this on WinNT/9x running PWS?

> > Any help would be grealty appreciated!

> > --
> > Christopher Campise
> > Engineer, Amherst Systems, Inc.

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Uploading via PWS (cont.)

2. Datei Upload per HTTP / File upload via HTTP

3. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

4. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

5. Inet Control executing on PWS (Win 95) but not under WinNT/IIS

6. Uploading file via windows form to server location

7. how to connect to internet and upload files via ftp

8. File Upload via HTTP.

9. Uploading files via HTTPS

10. File upload via the WebBrowser control??

11. Help uploading a binary file from vb to Webserver via HTTP

12. See how to upload a file via http from a vb program