deletes a certain email address from address book
Author Message
 deletes a certain email address from address book

Anyone know of or can create a script that deletes a certain email address
from a persons address book?  I have "friends" that send me all their JUNK
email 'cause they just got email.  Little do they know I've seen all the
JUNK before or have others ending me the same JUNK.  So if I could send them
a nice little icon to click on and have my email address removed from their
address book, groups and all, that would be simply wonderful.

Thanks.

Tracy Rivers

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 deletes a certain email address from address book
I think this about the 4th time you've posted (and extensively cross-posted)
this question and no one has ever replied and I suspect I know why (at least I
can speak for myself)...

Even If I knew the answer (which I don't ;-) I don't think I would make it
public.  The technique to do what you suggest (while supposedly well intentioned
in this case) is exactly the sort of thing an email virus would need to do -
access the address book (unwittingly on the user's part) and by extension the
user's entire message store and the full use of their email account.

If these are really "friends" who are (temporarily I hope) going a little
overboard on forwarding or generating junk email you can:

1) cut 'em a little slack and let them get over the "golly gee-whiz, I've got
email!" syndrome....

2) send them a polite response asking them to take you off their list...

3) set a rule/filter in you email client to just automatically delete their
messages (probably the best alternative to being removed from their address
list)...

4) or any number of responses...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Anyone know of or can create a script that deletes a certain email address
from a persons address book?  I have "friends" that send me all their JUNK
email 'cause they just got email.  Little do they know I've seen all the
JUNK before or have others ending me the same JUNK.  So if I could send them
a nice little icon to click on and have my email address removed from their
address book, groups and all, that would be simply wonderful.

Thanks.

Tracy Rivers

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 deletes a certain email address from address book
OE CAN use an address book(wab) separate from the Outlook wab. Another factor is that there is NO OE automation object to use for address book entry deletion.

You could write an automation routine for deleting a shared entry in the Outlook wab, but Not an unshared wab for OE. AFAIK this is intentionally planned behavior. (no automation available in OE)

--
marfers notes for Outlook Express 5
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Anyone know of or can create a script that deletes a certain email address
> from a persons address book?  I have "friends" that send me all their JUNK
> email 'cause they just got email.  Little do they know I've seen all the
> JUNK before or have others ending me the same JUNK.  So if I could send them
> a nice little icon to click on and have my email address removed from their
> address book, groups and all, that would be simply wonderful.

> Thanks.

> Tracy Rivers

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 deletes a certain email address from address book
howdy--

http://www.rebol.com/

> Anyone know of or can create a script that deletes a certain email address
> from a persons address book?  I have "friends" that send me all their JUNK
> email 'cause they just got email.  Little do they know I've seen all the
> JUNK before or have others ending me the same JUNK.  So if I could send them
> a nice little icon to click on and have my email address removed from their
> address book, groups and all, that would be simply wonderful.

> Thanks.

> Tracy Rivers

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. deletes a certain email address from address book

2. deletes a certain email address from address book

3. script deletes address from persons address book

4. Address Book and Email Address

5. Code to change Address Book Default Address book view

6. remove an address from address book

7. Accessing Email Address Book in ASP

8. Displaying The Address Book for Selecting Address

9. Obtaining SMTP Address from Global Address Book

10. cdo problem retrieving business address from entry in address book

11. getting address from the address book

12. How do I get the Address in an Oultlook Address book