Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)
Author Message
 Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)

Can you give me an example of how to use the regobj.dll?

Is it something like
Set oRegistry = WScript.CreateObject("RegObj.dll")

Thanks...
Wouter Behrens

Quote:

>You'll have to use some other component (like RegObj.dll) to read values

whose names contain a
Quote:
>backslash.  It simply can't be done with Shell.RegRead.

>--
>Michael Harris
>MVP Scripting

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)
First you have to download and install it.  You can get it in the downloads section of Clarence's
site.

Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
http://cwashington.netreach.net
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/repository.asp
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/query.asp
http://cwashington.netreach.net/main_site/downloads
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=wmifaq
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=adsifaq

In the directory where to install it will be Word (.doc) file that is all the documentation that
exists for this component.   You ca also search the script repository at Clarence's site for sample
scripts that use RegObj...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Can you give me an example of how to use the regobj.dll?

Is it something like
Set oRegistry = WScript.CreateObject("RegObj.dll")

Thanks...
Wouter Behrens

Quote:

>You'll have to use some other component (like RegObj.dll) to read values

whose names contain a
Quote:
>backslash.  It simply can't be done with Shell.RegRead.

>--
>Michael Harris
>MVP Scripting

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)
Thanks Michael.

I've downloaded regobj.dll from Clarence's site. Then installed and voila,
it works...

Wouter Behrens

.

Quote:

>First you have to download and install it.  You can get it in the downloads

section of Clarence's
Quote:
>site.

>Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
>http://cwashington.netreach.net
>http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/repository.asp
>http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/query.asp
>http://cwashington.netreach.net/main_site/downloads
>http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=wmifaq
>http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=adsifaq

>In the directory where to install it will be Word (.doc) file that is all

the documentation that
Quote:
>exists for this component.   You ca also search the script repository at

Clarence's site for sample
Quote:
>scripts that use RegObj...

>--
>Michael Harris
>MVP Scripting

Quote:
>Can you give me an example of how to use the regobj.dll?

>Is it something like
>Set oRegistry = WScript.CreateObject("RegObj.dll")

>Thanks...
>Wouter Behrens

>>You'll have to use some other component (like RegObj.dll) to read values
>whose names contain a
>>backslash.  It simply can't be done with Shell.RegRead.

>>--
>>Michael Harris
>>MVP Scripting

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to read registry key containing many string values

2. Reading user's registry value

3. How to read registry values?

4. Read a value in a remote registry

5. How do i read registry values

6. How can I read registry values?

7. How to read a value from the registry ...

8. How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?

9. Reading registry values

10. Reading binary registry values using regobj.dll

11. Reading Registry values remotely

12. Reading/Writing Hex values from the registry