RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta
Author Message
 RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta

Is it possible to use the RegularExpressions object from VBS 5 in VB5 or
VBA? Which library must I add to my references? Or is it impossible? (Must I
get RegExes from a third party library or Perl?).

TZS

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta
It is possible.  Just add VBScript.Regular Expressions to your project and
you can use it in exactly the same way as in VBScript

--

Regards

Andrew Clinick
Microsoft Script Progam Manager
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Quote:
> Is it possible to use the RegularExpressions object from VBS 5 in VB5 or
> VBA? Which library must I add to my references? Or is it impossible? (Must
> get RegExes from a third party library or Perl?).

> TZS

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta

Quote:
Andrew Clinick(MS) wrote...
>It is possible.  Just add VBScript.Regular Expressions to your project and
>you can use it in exactly the same way as in VBScript

After the installation of the beta 2 of the scripting engines I cannot find
a VBscript library in the list of available references in VB5 or VBA. If
search the registry I find a entry for VBScript.RegEx and VBScript.Match.
Both seem to be hosted in vbscript.dll. When I add vbscript dll to my
references I only can access an class named Microsoft VBScript Global, but
RegEx and Match still don't appear and the example program from the VBS doc
doesn't compile.

What is wrong with this?

TZS

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta
More precisely:

Dim regEx, Match, Matches

'this works
  Set regEx = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")

'but not this
  Set regEx = New RegExp

Do I new a tlb, olb, ocx or spmething like that? If so, where can I find it?

TZS

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegEx Object in VBS 5.0 Beta
It should be Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions.  It appears right under
my VBScript Global entry

Quote:
> More precisely:

> Dim regEx, Match, Matches

> 'this works
>   Set regEx = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")

> 'but not this
>   Set regEx = New RegExp

> Do I new a tlb, olb, ocx or spmething like that? If so, where can I find
it?

> TZS

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. regEx and vbscript engine 5.0

2. New Version 5.0 beta available on scripting site

3. Version 5.0 beta 1 Engines download available!

4. Problems Installing Windows Script 5.0 and Windows Script Host 2.0 Beta on Windows NT 4.0

5. Version 5.0 beta 1 Engines download available!

6. New Version 5.0 beta available on scripting site

7. Version 5.0 beta 1 Engines download available!

8. Severe Problem with objects containing Collections both in Scripting.Dictionary and VB 5.0 object

9. VBS: RegEx

10. regex object

11. RegEx object?

12. Using VBScript 5.1 RegEx object in VB6?