Error 53 and error 70 not found in help file
Author Message
 Error 53 and error 70 not found in help file

Hi -

The following code has returned error number 53 at times, error number 70 at
times, but usually returns no error. I have a couple of questions --

1. What do these errors mean (they aren't in my help file)?

2. Any idea why I would get the errors, especially since it doesn't happen
often?

Thanks -- Matt

The code is:

Function CheckForFiles(ls_TargetDir)
Dim lh_MessageDir
Dim lh_FileList
  Set lh_MessageDir=fso.GetFolder(ls_TargetDir)
  Set lh_FileList=lh_MessageDir.Files
  If lh_FileList.Count=0 Then
    CheckForFiles="NoFiles"
  Else
    CheckForFiles="FilesFound"
  End If
  If Err.Number<>0 Then
    Call HandleError("Error number " & Err.Number & " in function
CheckForFiles","Warning")
    Err.Clear
  Else
    Err.Clear
  End If

End Function

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 04:07:05 GMT
 Error 53 and error 70 not found in help file

Quote:
> The following code has returned error number 53 at times, error
> number 70 at times, but usually returns no error. I have a couple of
> questions --

> 1. What do these errors mean (they aren't in my help file)?

> 2. Any idea why I would get the errors, especially since it doesn't
> happen often?

msgbox err_message(53) 'File not found
msgbox err_message(70) 'Permission denied

function err_message(n)
  on error resume next
  err.raise n
  err_message = err.description
end function

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:56:21 GMT

1. File not found - run time error 53

2. File not found: Error 53

3. error 53: file [dll] not found

4. File not found - run time error 53

5. Error 53: file not found

6. VB4 - Error 53 'File not found'

7. error 53 (file not found) with external DLLs called from COM or EXE

8. Error 53 File not found / with .ocx distribution

9. Question Error: 53 - File not found is coming while killing a tmp

10. VB4 - Error 53 'File not found'

11. VB 4 Setup Wizard - trouble with files not being found after setup "Run-time error 53: file not found

12. DB app: err 53 (file not found)