Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0
Author Message
 Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0

I am looking for a script that can be used to create virtual directories on
an FTP site in IIS4.0

I have a script that creates websites rather nicely.  Ive found a script in
the knowledge base that runs on IIS5.0 and seems to be specific to IIS5.0
but nothing yet for IIS4.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

doug

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 05:25:08 GMT
 Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0
Could you post the address for the IIS 5 script??

Quote:
> I am looking for a script that can be used to create virtual directories
on
> an FTP site in IIS4.0

> I have a script that creates websites rather nicely.  Ive found a script
in
> the knowledge base that runs on IIS5.0 and seems to be specific to IIS5.0
> but nothing yet for IIS4.

> Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

> doug

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:07:21 GMT
 Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0
???

Q247364 - IIS Sample ADSI Script to Create FTP Virtual Servers
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q247/3/64.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Could you post the address for the IIS 5 script??

> > I am looking for a script that can be used to create virtual directories
> on
> > an FTP site in IIS4.0

> > I have a script that creates websites rather nicely.  Ive found a script
> in
> > the knowledge base that runs on IIS5.0 and seems to be specific to IIS5.0
> > but nothing yet for IIS4.

> > Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

> > doug

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:24:10 GMT
 Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0
Posted too soon...this is probably the right one ;-)...

Q254808 - IIS Sample ADSI Script to Create FTP Virtual Directories
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q254/8/08.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Could you post the address for the IIS 5 script??

> > I am looking for a script that can be used to create virtual directories
> on
> > an FTP site in IIS4.0

> > I have a script that creates websites rather nicely.  Ive found a script
> in
> > the knowledge base that runs on IIS5.0 and seems to be specific to IIS5.0
> > but nothing yet for IIS4.

> > Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

> > doug

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:25:23 GMT
 Need a script for creating virtual FTP directories IIS4.0
YES, this is the one i was talking about.    I was in a bit of a jam to get
this completed rather quickly.. so headed off to the book store in search of
an advanced iis book.. came across the IIS Resource kit.. WOW Imagine that..
Resource kit cd is loaded with all the VB scripts needed for IIS.

Plugged one in with my list of dirs to create and BOOM . done.  worked like
a charm.

Thanks

doug

Quote:
> Posted too soon...this is probably the right one ;-)...

> Q254808 - IIS Sample ADSI Script to Create FTP Virtual Directories
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q254/8/08.ASP

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

> > Could you post the address for the IIS 5 script??

> > > I am looking for a script that can be used to create virtual
directories
> > on
> > > an FTP site in IIS4.0

> > > I have a script that creates websites rather nicely.  Ive found a
script
> > in
> > > the knowledge base that runs on IIS5.0 and seems to be specific to
IIS5.0
> > > but nothing yet for IIS4.

> > > Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

> > > doug

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:54:53 GMT

1. create a file type for a virtual directory in IIS using a command line script

2. Script creating virtual directories on PWS?

3. adding virtual directory to FTP on IIS5

4. create a virtual FTP

5. How to Create Virture Directory in IIS4?

6. Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically

7. Creating and destroying virtual directories on the fly

8. Creating virtual directory on PWS

9. Creating a Virtual Directory via ASP-Page

10. Creating virtual directory using wsh

11. Creating IIS Virtual Directories on the Fly

12. Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically