Software Engineer
Euetch {*filter*}netics Pte. Ltd.,
Blk 55,Ayer Rajah Crescent
#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

> I have tried a couple different guestbook asp scripts off the web but I
> cannot get them to work. I always get an error to like:

> Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

> Server.CreateObject Failed

> /haneng/write.asp, line 6

> 800401f3

> The above mentioned line 6 is:  Set
> MyFileObj=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"). All my files
> are in Inetpub\wwwroot\ Haneng.
> The error always has to do with 'Server.CreateObject'. I am using PWS with
> Win98. Is there something about configuring PWS I should know. I tried a
> simple ASP that is designed to determine if you can run ASP off a server
> that worked fine.

> I've attached the files I am using in case anyone is kind enough to take
> alook.

> Thanks, Chris

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 09:02:26 GMT

1. Cannot run ASP pages anymore - COM+ and ASP error

2. How can I trap and ASP error

3. What line is the ASP error on?

4. ASP Error on Session.Contents : Object doesn't support this property or method

5. VB Script/ASP error

6. ASP Error

7. ASP Error in FileSystemObject after download of VBscript 5.5

8. catching server-side ASP errors with catch?

9. ASP error handling.

10. ASP error

11. ASP Error: "Missing default property"?

12. Weird ASP error when trying to add a new record to a MS Access database