check CDO.DLL
Author Message
 check CDO.DLL

Hello,

I made a ASP page for our intranet that shows the
free/busy-information of all employees. I have done this by querying
Microsoft Exchange through a Mapi-session. After server maintenance
the page suddenly stopped working. The cause was that after the
maintenance the CDO.DLL was not registered anymore. Re-registering was
easily done by: REGSVR32.EXE CDO.DLL but it took hours to find out
this was the problem.

What I want to do is building a check in the ASP-page to see if
CDO.DLL is registered on the server and if is is not I display a
message so we know immediatly what the problem is (and solve the
problem in 1 minute).

My question:
Is there a way to detect CDO.DLL is registered on the server using
VBScript?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

John

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:34:51 GMT
 check CDO.DLL

Quote:
> What I want to do is building a check in the ASP-page to see if
> CDO.DLL is registered on the server and if is is not I display a
> message so we know immediatly what the problem is (and solve the
> problem in 1 minute).

> My question:
> Is there a way to detect CDO.DLL is registered on the server using
> VBSCRIPT?

Yes

On Error Resume Next

CreateObject "CDONTS.NewMail"

If Err.Number Then
  Response.Write "CDONTS Not Installed"
Else
  Response.Write "CDONTS Installed"
End If

On Error Goto 0

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:26:24 GMT
 check CDO.DLL

Quote:

> Hello,

> I made a ASP page for our intranet that shows the
> free/busy-information of all employees. I have done this by querying
> Microsoft Exchange through a Mapi-session. After server maintenance
> the page suddenly stopped working. The cause was that after the
> maintenance the CDO.DLL was not registered anymore. Re-registering was
> easily done by: REGSVR32.EXE CDO.DLL but it took hours to find out
> this was the problem.

> What I want to do is building a check in the ASP-page to see if
> CDO.DLL is registered on the server and if is is not I display a
> message so we know immediatly what the problem is (and solve the
> problem in 1 minute).

> My question:
> Is there a way to detect CDO.DLL is registered on the server using
> VBSCRIPT?

Either error trap on the CreateObject("MAPI.Session") or check the registy
to see if the "MAPI.Session" progid is present (which mayso require error
trapping depending on how you access the registry).

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:53:36 GMT

1. Cannot Logo to CDO using My DLL

2. GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients

3. Sending Mail from ASP using CDO.dll (outlook 98)

4. CDO.Message how do I check for error

5. Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)

6. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

7. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

8. Toolhelp.dll (Check when DLL or EXE starts or exits)

9. Toolhelp.dll (check when a DLL or EXE is started or exit)

10. CDO (Rule.DLL)

11. cdo (rule.dll)

12. CDO.DLL for Win98