newbie question on logon script
Author Message
 newbie question on logon script

Hi, a Win2k pro workstation with multiple users.
How can I configure the logon scripts to make the default path/home folder
of every user is
Drive X:\user_logon_name

Thanks a lot.
Yi

Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:50:23 GMT
 newbie question on logon script
If you have Active Directory (a Win2k network), set the
home folder on the Profile tab for the user in Active
Directory Users and Computers. You can set the drive
letter and UNC path. On Win2k clients, it is automatically
mapped during logon.

Otherwise, if the home directory is defined in your domain
(MyDomain below), a logon script could have:

=================
Dim oNet, sUserID, oUser

Set oNet = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
sUserID = oNet.UserName
Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://MyDomain/sUserID,user")
oNet.MapNetworkDrive "X:", oUser.HomeDirectory
================

Otherwise, assuming the home directory is shared, use:

oNet.MapNetworkDrieve, "X:", "\\MyServer\" & sUserID

Richard

Quote:

Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:56:14 GMT

1. Win2k Networking Newbie Question - Logon/Login Scripts

2. newbie question about username in logon script

3. Logon Script Help - newbie

4. Logon Scripts (newbie)

5. logon.exe script.vbs in profile (logon script)

6. Newbie help needed with a Logon Script

7. Newbie:Logon Script

8. How to use as logon script - Newbie

9. Newbie question - calling a VBS script from another VBS script

10. vb script as network logon script

11. Logon Script Question

12. Question about Ian and Clarence's Sample Logon Scripts