DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory
Author Message
 DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory

Hi

   Does anyone out know some sample code to do this ? My specific problem is
that after I run a dll from my personal web site using IE5.5 I cannot delete
or replace the file . I need to do this as I am debugging .

karlm

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 04:50:42 GMT
 DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory
Common problem...  You can try unloading the application from the IIS MMC snap-in or just
stop/restart IIS.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi

>    Does anyone out know some sample code to do this ? My specific problem is
> that after I run a dll from my personal web site using IE5.5 I cannot delete
> or replace the file . I need to do this as I am debugging .

> karlm

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:58:38 GMT
 DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory
Also, you seem to be debugging on a production machine. I would suggest a
staging server where a reboot would not affect clients of the target site.

/Al

Quote:
> Common problem...  You can try unloading the application from the IIS MMC
snap-in or just
> stop/restart IIS.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Quote:
> > Hi

> >    Does anyone out know some sample code to do this ? My specific
problem is
> > that after I run a dll from my personal web site using IE5.5 I cannot
delete
> > or replace the file . I need to do this as I am debugging .

> > karlm

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:44:40 GMT
 DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory

Quote:

> Also, you seem to be debugging on a production machine. I would suggest a
> staging server where a reboot would not affect clients of the target site.

??? production ???

"...after I run a dll from my personal web site..."

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:36:17 GMT
 DLL ?? - NEED CODE to unload a DLL from memory
Michael Harris says:

Quote:
>Common problem...  You can try unloading the application from the IIS MMC snap-in or just
>stop/restart IIS.

Or you can write your debugging script for WSH, rather than ASP.
Windows Scripting Host doesn't keep objects loaded in memory after use
the way that IIS does, which makes life easier for debugging.

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:04:52 GMT

1. Unloading an Activex dll from Memory....

2. Unloading .DLLs from memory

3. Unloading .DLLs from memory

4. Unload .DLL file from memory

5. Unload dll from memory

6. Unload COM Dll From Memory

7. Unload ActiveX-DLL from memory

8. How can I unload an DLL of memory ?

10. Unload 16bits dll from memory in 32bits system

11. Unload a DLL/Task from memory

12. Unload a DLL/Task from memory