How can I unregister a self-registering DLL via vbscript or wscript
Author Message
 How can I unregister a self-registering DLL via vbscript or wscript

How can I unregister a self-registering DLL via VBScript or wscriptYou're asking 2 different questions.  As for the question in the subject line, you can use a WScript.Shell object's Run method to execute "regsvr32.exe /u /s whatever.dll" to unregister a COM dll/ocx.

As for the 2nd question, how to call DLL functions from script, you need a 3rd party COM wrapper.  Clarence has a free one called DynaWrap in the downloads section of http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

--
Michael Harris

  I know you can call the UnRegisterDLL function within the self registering DLL you wish to unregister.  How can I call a function within a DLL from VBScript or WScript?  Or is there an easier way to do it?

  -Tom

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Add Register/UnRegister to ocx/dll context menu...

2. How do I register and unregister dlls using WSH

3. Unregister .dll?

4. Register/Unregister DLL locally

5. Register/Unregister ActiveX exes and dlls

6. Register/Unregister dll/ocx using API calls

7. How to register DLLs in MTS with VBScript?

8. Creating a Self-Registering Typelib for a WSC

9. Self Registering DLL

10. Unable to self register comcat.dll

11. Self Registering ActiveX.DLL?

12. COMCAT.DLL Self Register Failure