Inserting data into bookmarks W2000
Author Message
 Inserting data into bookmarks W2000

Hi

I thank all those in advance who help.

I have a small problem inserting data into the correct bookmarks on Word
2000. I am probably going something silly but I can't quite put my finger on
it.

I have added bookmarks FN, IN, SN to a word document "Template.doc" and I
use the following code to insert the data.

set Word = CreateObject("Word.Basic")
Word.apphide
Word.FileOpen "C:\temp\Template.doc"
With Word
    .startofdocument
    .EditGoto "FN"
    .Insert node.FN
    .EditGoto "IN"
    .Insert node.IN
    .EditGoto "SN"
    .Insert node.SN
end with
Word.FilePrintdefault
Word.Fileclose

The results of this code are that the 3 data items are always inserted at
the start of the document
e.g

SmithAJohn Forename    :
Initials        :
Surname    :

The VBScript is on a web page and the code is executed on a push of an HTML
button.

Thanks again

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:26:48 GMT

1. Inserting data into bookmarks W2000

2. W2000 - change initial focus of the file insert dialog box

3. Inserting Bookmarks and Text into a Word Document

4. Data report and W2000

5. Inserting text at Bookmark location

6. inserting a excel table after a bookmark

7. inserting bookmarks

8. Inserting text into bookmark

9. Insert Text at bookmark

10. Insert a formatted value in a Word template bookmark

11. REF to text inserted in bookmark

12. Insert Bookmarks Using VBScript