Clone recordset ???!!!
Author Message
 Clone recordset ???!!!

Hi. I want to clone a recordset, how is that possible. I want the new RS to be a
copy of the old one, so that I can close the old RS without also closing the new
clone.

I use the following code, but it generates an error:

Set newClone = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
originalRS.Clone(newClone)

Generated error:
Type mismatch.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:02:37 GMT
 Clone recordset ???!!!
Set NewRecordset = OldRecordset.Clone
George

Hi. I want to clone a recordset, how is that possible. I want the new RS to
be a
copy of the old one, so that I can close the old RS without also closing the
new
clone.

I use the following code, but it generates an error:

Set newClone = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
originalRS.Clone(newClone)

Generated error:
Type mismatch.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:24:51 GMT

1. Cloned Recordset lost Filter property

2. Cloned Recordset lost Filter property

3. Cloning recordset

4. copy / clone recordset

5. Cloned Recordsets

6. Cloning Recordsets - why doesn't it work

7. how to set recordset clone to second child level recordset in shape command

8. Connecting to & Cloning a RecordSet

9. Clone (VB5) to a Clone(VB3)

10. Recordset cloning

11. Recordset Cloning and Updating