Object required: '[undefined]'
Author Message
 Object required: '[undefined]'

Greetings, all,

I'm having a few problems scripting in VBScript...  Everytime I try to run
my .asp page, I get this error:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: '[undefined]'

/ntsdotcom2001/tech/QikHelp/Chat/Default.asp, line 96

Line 96 is this:
arUserIDs = Application.StaticObjects.Item("ASPChat").Keys

Can someone please help me!?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.
--
Rob Morrow
Web Development

(309)353-3229

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:30:45 GMT
 Object required: '[undefined]'
Seems to me that is means that in the global.asa there is no <object> element with the scope of "Application" and the id "ASPChat" *OR* that the global.asa isn't being processed.

Global.asa needs to be in the root folder, marked via the IIS admin snapin as an application, and accessible by the IUSR_machinename account.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Greetings, all,

> I'm having a few problems scripting in VBscript...  Everytime I try to run
> my .asp page, I get this error:
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
> Object required: '[undefined]'

> /ntsdotcom2001/tech/QikHelp/Chat/Default.asp, line 96

> Line 96 is this:
> arUserIDs = Application.StaticObjects.Item("ASPChat").Keys

> Can someone please help me!?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
> in advance.
> --
> Rob Morrow
> Web Development
> NTS Services Corporation

> (309)353-3229

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:11:15 GMT
 Object required: '[undefined]'
Thanks so much.  That was the problem.  Duh, I hadn't thought of that.  Goes
to show what 8 hours a day of mindless scripting can do to one's brain...
Thanks again!

--
Rob Morrow
Web Development

(309)353-3229

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:53:04 GMT

1. runtime error 800a01a8, Object Required: 'Application(...)'

2. Object required: 'f.Name'

3. Object Required: ''

4. Object required: 'server'

5. Error: require object 'server'

6. Error: object required: 'WScript'

7. Object required: 'Wscript'

8. Object required '[string:'[object]']' error?

9. Run-time error '424': Object required

10. Run-Time error '424': object Required

11. error - Object required 'DoCmd'

12. Run-time error '424' Object Require