Script Encoder help needed !
Author Message
 Script Encoder help needed !

I'm currently doing some tests with the Windows Script Encoder, trying to
save the work to move my ASP work to CGI in order to protect source code.
I built an HTML file with a SCRIPT tag, and all worked fine.
But I can't get WSE to work with a very simple .asp file whose content I
include below. Sorry for the lenght. The error message is "scripting encoder
object failed on (name of the source file)".
What am I doing wrong here ?.
Million thanks in advance,

Klerman

<%
 strName = "John Doe"
%>
<head>
<title>Anything</title>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE = "VBScript">
<!--
 sub myDocumentAppear()
     alert("Hello")
 end sub
-->
</SCRIPT>
</head>

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder help needed !
Why encode your ASP?
Who are you hiding the code from?

--
Dominic

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder help needed !

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder help needed !

Plus.
Changing the name of the source file from .asp to .htm, the script encoder
is able to process the file, and the output file named as an .asp behaves as
a normal .asp.
BTW, does the script encoder process the serverside of the script too ?.
MTIA,
Klerman

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder help needed !

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder help needed !
I was having similar problems and have done some investigation...

When I decided to try out the Script Encoder, I went to the MSDN Scripting
site and promptly downloaded the latest version of the Scripting Host (5.5).

I then downloaded the Script Encoder and encountered the same problems
trying to encrypt the ASP files.

After weeding through 100's of messages in this newsgroup, I decided to go
try and install a previous version of the Windows Scripting host.  (5.1)

After installing 5.1 everything worked just fine!

Wonderful...  so I determined that it was a problem with the 5.5 install of
the scripting host.  I then went and re-installed version 5.5 just to see if
that would break things again.

It did not.

So my guess is that something installed with version 5.1 of the Windows
Scripting Host is not installed correctly or is skipped in the 5.5 install.

Any clue how to submit this as a bug report to Microsoft?

-----------------------
Todd W. Powers

[...]

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Really need help with Script Encoder

2. Andrew - Scripting Encoder needs it's own section

3. Help installing MS Scripting encoder

4. Microsoft Script Encoder

5. Script Encoder

6. script encoder again