Anti-Linking, Anti-Theft
Author Message
 Anti-Linking, Anti-Theft

Greetings,

I have a website that allows .EXE downloads with host A.
I recently added host B, and uploaded all the same .EXE's there.

Is there a way i can redirect users to host B is host A goes down? I
don't want the users to get "page not found" or "error page 404" in the
event host A goes down. Is there a script out there that will redirect
EXE's download to a different server/host?

Thank you,

Don Larry

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:39:19 GMT
 Anti-Linking, Anti-Theft
Load balancing on a third "host" is the only way that I can seen you could
effectively impliment this. Host A will be in no position to redirect if
down so host B will never be accessed.

If Host A was "active" enough to issue a 404 error you can capture this in
your IIS settings and redirect to a 404.asp of your own design. The calling
page which caused the error is passed to this 404 script and you can
redirect based on that.

But it all depends on how "down" host A is!

FB

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I have a website that allows .EXE downloads with host A.
> I recently added host B, and uploaded all the same .EXE's there.

> Is there a way i can redirect users to host B is host A goes down? I
> don't want the users to get "page not found" or "error page 404" in the
> event host A goes down. Is there a script out there that will redirect
> EXE's download to a different server/host?

> Thank you,

> Don Larry

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:52:08 GMT

1. Access drastically slowed by Norton Anti-Virus 5 testing of .mdb files

2. ANTI MAC USERS GROUP

3. Anti Spam

4. scan for virus programmatically in Outlook VBA using any anti virus software

5. Anti-Virus Scanners

6. Anti-spam script

7. Anti spam script help required

8. Anti spam script help required

9. Anti-Piracy Scheme needed!

10. Word automation error with norton anti-virus

11. GDI+ a bit generous on the anti-aliasing

12. Anti Piracy Schemes