changing of IP-address and other IP parameters
Author Message
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters

I need to alternate my system between three environments very often, thereby
having to change IP-address, standard-gateway, DNS-Server, eventually even
Wins-Server.
Is there a way to do this with VB?

Thank you for any help in this,

Markus

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:22:15 GMT
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters

Quote:

> I need to alternate my system between three environments very often, thereby
> having to change IP-address, standard-gateway, DNS-Server, eventually even
> Wins-Server.
> Is there a way to do this with VB?

> Thank you for any help in this,

If Win2k/WinXP, I would have used the command line util Netsh.exe (can be called
from a VBScript if you want):

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q242468
How to Use the Netsh.exe Tool and Command-Line Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242468

Some examples:

For a Static IP Use:
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 125.187.7.56
255.0.0.0

And for DHCP Use:
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" DHCP

More here:

Subject: Re: Change TCP/IP info on Win2k via VBScript
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Date: 2002-09-06 22:56:10 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=pTfe9.222885%24Yd.9091779%40twis...

Subject: Re: Enable DHCP?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh,
microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin
Date: 2002-09-16 12:48:43 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23cqQ7waXCHA.2404%40tkmsftngp10

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:31:47 GMT
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters
I never heard of netsh before ...
it worked, thanks a lot

Markus

Quote:

> > I need to alternate my system between three environments very often,
thereby
> > having to change IP-address, standard-gateway, DNS-Server, eventually
even
> > Wins-Server.
> > Is there a way to do this with VB?

> > Thank you for any help in this,

> If Win2k/WinXP, I would have used the command line util Netsh.exe (can be
called
> from a vbscript if you want):

> Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q242468
> How to Use the Netsh.exe Tool and Command-Line Switches
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242468

> Some examples:

> For a Static IP Use:
> netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 125.187.7.56
> 255.0.0.0

> And for DHCP Use:
> netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" DHCP

> More here:

> Subject: Re: Change TCP/IP info on Win2k via VBScript
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> Date: 2002-09-06 22:56:10 PST

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=pTfe9.222885%24Yd.9091779%40twis...
tin.rr.com

> Subject: Re: Enable DHCP?
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh,
> microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin
> Date: 2002-09-16 12:48:43 PST
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23cqQ7waXCHA.2404%40tkmsftngp10

> --
> torgeir
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI
> Porsgrunn Norway

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:01:18 GMT
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters
That is cool been working on something like that for awhile now, just missed
a few key points....
One other question though...
    What about changing from a  workgroup to a domain or vic versa?
    Thanks,
    Brian Shafer

Quote:

> > I need to alternate my system between three environments very often,
thereby
> > having to change IP-address, standard-gateway, DNS-Server, eventually
even
> > Wins-Server.
> > Is there a way to do this with VB?

> > Thank you for any help in this,

> If Win2k/WinXP, I would have used the command line util Netsh.exe (can be
called
> from a vbscript if you want):

> Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q242468
> How to Use the Netsh.exe Tool and Command-Line Switches
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242468

> Some examples:

> For a Static IP Use:
> netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 125.187.7.56
> 255.0.0.0

> And for DHCP Use:
> netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" DHCP

> More here:

> Subject: Re: Change TCP/IP info on Win2k via VBScript
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> Date: 2002-09-06 22:56:10 PST

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=pTfe9.222885%24Yd.9091779%40twis...
tin.rr.com

> Subject: Re: Enable DHCP?
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh,
> microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin
> Date: 2002-09-16 12:48:43 PST
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23cqQ7waXCHA.2404%40tkmsftngp10

> --
> torgeir
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI
> Porsgrunn Norway

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:00:03 GMT
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters

Quote:

> That is cool been working on something like that for awhile now, just missed
> a few key points....
> One other question though...
>     What about changing from a  workgroup to a domain or vic versa?

Ouch. That one is more complicated.

More info here:

Subject: Re: W2k Prof in two W2k Domain
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
Date: 2002-10-07 10:06:02 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DA1BD6A.29C6B535%40hydro.com

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI
Porsgrunn Norway

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:22:14 GMT
 changing of IP-address and other IP parameters
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:00:03 -0500, "Brian Shafer"

Quote:

>    What about changing from a  workgroup to a domain or vic versa?

Use NETDOM.EXE. For Windows 2000, it is located on the CD in the file
\support\tools\support.cab.

--
Helge Wunderlich
(Please remove the spam trap if you wish to send email)

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:47:57 GMT

1. changing of IP-address and other IP parameters

2. How to get IP my IP address

3. TCP/IP IP address and multiple adapters

4. Change IP or Set Static IP

5. Changing IP Address on Network Card

6. Change IP address via script?

7. Script to change static IP address windows2000

8. Change NIC Card's IP Address in Win2k

9. changing IP address

10. IP Address Changed The Message Box Cosmetically

11. Changing the TCP/IP Address via Script

12. change ip address