Read a value in a remote registry
Author Message
 Read a value in a remote registry

Hello,

I have a need to read a registry value in +500 servers.  I have unsuccessfully
tried:

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
lngBiasKey = objShell.RegRead("\\" & strComputer _
&"\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\ActiveTimeBias")

WScript.Echo "GMT (daylight time) offset:" & (lngBiasKey/60)

I haven't discovered a method to read a value in a remote registry.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:50:45 GMT
 Read a value in a remote registry
    Bill,

You can use WMI and the Standard Registry Provider to read the registry on
remote machines.  Are you familiar with WMI?  If not, I can point you in the
right direction to be able to read the registry remotely.

Ryan Rinehart

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a need to read a registry value in +500 servers.  I have
unsuccessfully
> tried:

> Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
> lngBiasKey = objShell.RegRead("\\" & strComputer _

&"\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\ActiveTimeBias"
)
Quote:

> WScript.Echo "GMT (daylight time) offset:" & (lngBiasKey/60)

> I haven't discovered a method to read a value in a remote registry.

> All suggestions will be greatly appreciate.

> Thanks in advance,
> Bill

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:28:51 GMT
 Read a value in a remote registry
Ryan,

Thank you for your response.  I have a VAGUE understanding of WMI (I took the
Microsoft 3day class).  So if you could point me, I'd greatly apprecaite it....

Thanks,
Bill

Quote:

>    Bill,

>You can use WMI and the Standard Registry Provider to read the registry on
>remote machines.  Are you familiar with WMI?  If not, I can point you in the
>right direction to be able to read the registry remotely.

>Ryan Rinehart

>> Hello,

>> I have a need to read a registry value in +500 servers.  I have
>unsuccessfully
>> tried:

>> Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
>> lngBiasKey = objShell.RegRead("\\" & strComputer _

>&"\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\ActiveTimeBias"
>)

>> WScript.Echo "GMT (daylight time) offset:" & (lngBiasKey/60)

>> I haven't discovered a method to read a value in a remote registry.

>> All suggestions will be greatly appreciate.

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Bill

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:43:27 GMT

1. How can I Read-Write remote registry

2. WMI remote read registry??

3. Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

4. Reading registry info from a remote machine

5. Read Remote Registry

6. reading a remote registry

7. Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

8. Reading Remote Registry

9. reading remote registry

10. remote registry reading problem

11. Remote registry reads.

12. Adding a value to the registry of a remote PC using REGOBJ.DLL