How do I write # to a txt file without carriage returns?
Author Message
 How do I write # to a txt file without carriage returns?

[Access 2000 VBScript]

How do I write # to a txt file without carriage returns ?

I have to export records to a text file delimited with + : and ' (don't
ask me - its 80s Electronic Data Interchange standard)

A lot of data has to be calculated and passed to the text file BUT there
can be NO carriage returns.

Do I really have to collate all the data and "write #" it at once?
Unlikely that I can achieve it with the data anyway - it will need to be
looped around a varying number of lines and fields.

I have written my reading script which can strip out the correct data
into its relevant fields - I did this by reading one character at a
time. Is there anyway I can put 1 character at a time? (I would prefer
to place a field at a time then the separator)

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:18:11 GMT
 How do I write # to a txt file without carriage returns?

Quote:

> [Access 2000 VBScript]

> How do I write # to a txt file without carriage returns ?

The (FSO) TextStream object has both WriteLine (CR+LF appended) Write (no CR+LF appended) methods...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:39:09 GMT

1. How to write files without carriage returns?

2. Adding .TXT files to a VB program without the .TXT file

3. Help writing to txt files without the quote marks

4. Print without carriage return

5. Saving Text without Return Carriage

6. print line without carriage return

7. How to use the print function without writing a return in the file

8. carriage returns on the clipboard (and into write)

9. Deleting Last Carriage Return from Text File

10. REG files don't merge TAB and carriage returns

11. REG files don't merge TAB and carriage returns

12. REG files don't merge TAB and carriage returns