USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0
Author Message
 USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

I have an application in ASP which works fine on SQL server 6.5 but when I
move to SQL 7.0 I get all kinds of problems with the dates, I am using the
european dateformat dd/mm/yy and I have the server configured to the spanish
language, just as I did with the 6.5, yet a lot of the scripts give me date
errors.

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0
Have you gone through the migration checklist?  When I migrated from 6.5 to 7, the entire application came to halt.  After several hours of analysis and testing, I found out that the language setting in SQL 7 was not the same as that of 6.5 causing problems in any unicode characters stored in the database.  I have the rebuild the MASTER database and set the proper language setting.
Quote:

> I have an application in ASP which works fine on SQL server 6.5 but when I
> move to SQL 7.0 I get all kinds of problems with the dates, I am using the
> european dateformat dd/mm/yy and I have the server configured to the spanish
> language, just as I did with the 6.5, yet a lot of the scripts give me date
> errors.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0
I have the same language setting.
Where is the migration checklist?

Have you gone through the migration checklist?  When I migrated from 6.5 to
7, the entire application came to halt.  After several hours of analysis and
testing, I found out that the language setting in SQL 7 was not the same as
that of 6.5 causing problems in any unicode characters stored in the
database.  I have the rebuild the MASTER database and set the proper
language setting.

Quote:
> I have an application in ASP which works fine on SQL server 6.5 but when I
> move to SQL 7.0 I get all kinds of problems with the dates, I am using the
> european dateformat dd/mm/yy and I have the server configured to the
spanish
> language, just as I did with the 6.5, yet a lot of the scripts give me
date
> errors.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

2. RDO error when upgrading from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

3. Upsizing SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

4. New Transact-SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5/7.0

5. SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 6.5

6. Migrate from Access97 to SQL Server 6.5

7. MS SQL 6.5 / 7.0 / 2K

8. Differences between SQL 6.5 & 7.0 with ADO

9. Differences between SQL 6.5 & 7.0 with ADO

10. Connecting to SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

11. querying sql server 6.5 in asp page

12. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2