newbie slam dunk
Author Message
 newbie slam dunk

I have the following line in an asp that retrieves a record from an access
table...the line is intended to display the value of the field in the record
set
Response.Write "<td><input type=text value=" & RS(i) & "
name=updtLName></td>"
....and when RS(i) is an empty field in an Access table, the form field is
populated with name=updtLName...I could live with that but, after entering
the new value in that form field, the ASP that updates the record won't
update that field in the table...how can I get a blank space to occupy the
form field and ensure that the name attribute is properly assigned to value
contained in that form field

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:42:00 GMT
 newbie slam dunk
I think I got it now...set the name attribute first and then pull in the
value from the record set...if the value is empty, it shows as empty instead
of showing the name=UpdtLName

Quote:
> I have the following line in an asp that retrieves a record from an access
> table...the line is intended to display the value of the field in the
record
> set
> Response.Write "<td><input type=text value=" & RS(i) & "
> name=updtLName></td>"
> ....and when RS(i) is an empty field in an Access table, the form field is
> populated with name=updtLName...I could live with that but, after entering
> the new value in that form field, the ASP that updates the record won't
> update that field in the table...how can I get a blank space to occupy the
> form field and ensure that the name attribute is properly assigned to
value
> contained in that form field

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:20:27 GMT

1. DUNK DUNK man DUNK women DUNK High man DUNK High women

2. CPU Usage % Slammed at MAXIMUM - Someone help

3. RTP crowd dunks Delphi experts!!!

4. ***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***

5. Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code

6. <newbie>HELP!</newbie>

7. <newbie>Help! v2</newbie>

8. Newbie cookie problem

9. VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

10. asp Problems needs suggestion from a newbie

11. newbie question

12. Simple backup script question from a newbie