Open IE, navigate to a page then exit IE.
Author Message
 Open IE, navigate to a page then exit IE.

I was wondering if there was a way to open an Internet Explorer window
(IE3.02, unfortunately), navigate to a page and then exit the app as soon as
the page is finished loading? The page that loads is an ASP page that gets
data from a SQL database and then creates a bunch of HTML files from that
data, so I have to wait for it to finish loading before quitting IE. I had
it working with IE4, but I just created a for loop that would run a million
times just to give the page time to load, but I still can not get the window
to open with IE3. Thanks for any help!

Matt Anderson

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Open IE, navigate to a page then exit IE.
Here is the VBScript code to open a new window:

Dim MyWin
MyWin = window.open("mypage.asp", "WindowName")

[ There are other options to specify window size, etc ]

Then, in your mypage.asp you can use some client-side code to close the
window once the page has loaded:

Sub Window_OnLoad()
    window.close()
End Sub

Neil Henderson

>I was wondering if there was a way to open an Internet Explorer window
>(IE3.02, unfortunately), navigate to a page and then exit the app as soon
as
>the page is finished loading? The page that loads is an ASP page that gets
>data from a SQL database and then creates a bunch of HTML files from that
>data, so I have to wait for it to finish loading before quitting IE. I had
>it working with IE4, but I just created a for loop that would run a million
>times just to give the page time to load, but I still can not get the
window
>to open with IE3. Thanks for any help!

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. open a page in a separate IE window

2. In ShellExecute Using URL Bookmark Tag(#) to open to place in page in IE 4.0

3. Forcing IE to navigate via API

4. How to Navigate the website with IE?

5. windows open and close problem between IE 4.0 and IE 5.0/5.5

6. Error 80010108 starting IE from VBScript with prior IE instances open

7. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

8. ActiveX Document crashes upon exiting IE

9. IE Crashes on exit

10. Crash at exit in WB on IE 5.5 SP2

11. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

12. script opens default IE start page