Full user name from NT login ID
Author Message
 Full user name from NT login ID

Hi all,

Is there a way to display the full user name related to an NT login ID?

I'm using NTLM authentication on an IIS/ASP intranet with lots of VBScript.
I would like to greet the user with their full name (NOT the ID - that's
easy!) after they log in and I'd rather not maintain a separate database of
names to match the logins.  I imagine I'll need WSH or something like that?

Thanks,

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Full user name from NT login ID
See ActiveX UserManager, http://www.pstruh.cz

LOGON_USER = Request. .....
Set S = CreateObject("UserManager.Server")
Response.write S.Users(LOGON_USER).FullName

--
Antonin Foller
PSTRUH Software

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Is there a way to display the full user name related to an NT login ID?

> I'm using NTLM authentication on an IIS/ASP intranet with lots of
vbscript.
> I would like to greet the user with their full name (NOT the ID - that's
> easy!) after they log in and I'd rather not maintain a separate database
of
> names to match the logins.  I imagine I'll need WSH or something like
that?

> Thanks,

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LDB Viewer -- Need to get NT user login name in addition to computer name

2. How to get user id an user name on NT and Win95

3. Users full name i login script

4. Getting Netware Login User Id under NT

5. retrieving full user name on NT without ADSI

6. Extracting the full name of a loged in user in NT and W2K

7. SQL login ID versus user ID

8. Reading NT Full name from a user account

9. Getting the full user name under Win NT

10. Getting NT User Login Name

11. how to get NT login user name

12. Get the login name from a Wondows NT-User