Change a file Date Created property ?
Author Message
 Change a file Date Created property ?

Hi

I have been asked if it is possible to change a file's date created
property.

Is it possible with VBS? (how please)

--
Tom

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:36:07 GMT
 Change a file Date Created property ?
Not possible using FSO objects/methods.  The File/Folder objects' date related properties are
read-only.  You *could* write a touch utility component in VB and use the native VB file related
functions.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi

> I have been asked if it is possible to change a file's date created
> property.

> Is it possible with VBS? (how please)

> --
> Tom

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:21:23 GMT
 Change a file Date Created property ?
Thanks for confirming that Michael

I might just do it in VB for the sake of doing it.
I (now) see there are other products out there that do this as well.

--
Tom

Quote:
> Not possible using FSO objects/methods.  The File/Folder objects' date

related properties are
Quote:
> read-only.  You *could* write a touch utility component in VB and use the

native VB file related
Quote:
> functions.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Quote:
> > Hi

> > I have been asked if it is possible to change a file's date created
> > property.

> > Is it possible with VBS? (how please)

> > --
> > Tom

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:42:56 GMT

1. HELP: File Properties - Create, Modified, Accessed Dates.

2. Changing created/modified/accessed properties of a file

3. DATE CREATED and FILE TIME CREATED

4. modify date file (file properties)

5. DATE CREATED and FILE TIME CREATED

6. Change Create/Modified Date?

7. Create a new .wav file from an existing .wav file based on the date

8. create a file using system date time in file name

9. how to change object's update/create dates

10. how to change object's update/create dates

11. Create custom control change property default

12. VB3:Properties change when created in Win 3.11 and transferred to Win 95