BOM
Author Message
 BOM

Scripters

Can you give me information on BOM or Byte Order Mark? Problem is,

I saved same text in default ANSI and optional Unicode via notepad. The text
is,

a {tab} b

If I open unicode version via FSO, it bombs. If I open the unicode with VB
Open statement, it works except the first character. I checked the ascii
code.

97, 9, 98 'As expected in ANSI version
255, 63, 9, 98 'I can endure 255 part, but why 63? And where 97 or /a/ is
gone?

So there should be some mysteries I'm missing. Also it can be not BOM
problem.

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:43:49 GMT
 BOM

Quote:

> Scripters

> Can you give me information on BOM or Byte Order Mark? Problem is,

FAQ - UTF and BOM
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/utf_bom.html

Google Search: bom group:*.scripting
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=bom%20group:*.scripting

Quote:

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:40:48 GMT
 BOM
Thanks Micahel.

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Quote:

> > Scripters

> > Can you give me information on BOM or Byte Order Mark? Problem is,

> FAQ - UTF and BOM
> http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/utf_bom.html

> Google Search: bom group:*.scripting
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=bom%20group:*.scripting

> > I saved same text in default ANSI and optional Unicode via notepad.
> > The text is,

> > a {tab} b

> > If I open unicode version via FSO, it bombs. If I open the unicode
> > with VB Open statement, it works except the first character. I
> > checked the ascii code.

> > 97, 9, 98 'As expected in ANSI version
> > 255, 63, 9, 98 'I can endure 255 part, but why 63? And where 97 or
> > /a/ is gone?

> > So there should be some mysteries I'm missing. Also it can be not BOM
> > problem.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:53:48 GMT

1. BOM Database at Dev Ashish Website

2. BOM problem with VB/ACCESS

3. utf-8 file creation with ADO, without BOM