Slash/Backslash, Absolute/Relative Path in FSO
Author Message
 Slash/Backslash, Absolute/Relative Path in FSO

I happened to discover slash/backslash, absolute/relative path all works for
FSO. I've not found any comment on that in my MSDN. Does anybody know about
that? From what version of VBS it has been possible..... Or from the ancient
time?

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:27:58 GMT
 Slash/Backslash, Absolute/Relative Path in FSO

Quote:

> I happened to discover slash/backslash, absolute/relative path all
> works for FSO. I've not found any comment on that in my MSDN. Does
> anybody know about that? From what version of VBS it has been
> possible..... Or from the ancient time?

AFAIK the Scripting.FileSystemObject has always supported this.  It also
supports UNC paths.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:01:52 GMT
 Slash/Backslash, Absolute/Relative Path in FSO
Thanks Michael.

Then it's great happiness because I'm using same path for the link, xml
path, and file path in my project.

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Quote:

> > I happened to discover slash/backslash, absolute/relative path all
> > works for FSO. I've not found any comment on that in my MSDN. Does
> > anybody know about that? From what version of VBS it has been
> > possible..... Or from the ancient time?

> AFAIK the Scripting.FileSystemObject has always supported this.  It also
> supports UNC paths.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:37:00 GMT

1. OT: Relative/Absolute Paths to files

2. I want absolute path in hyperlinks and linked pitures (word makes them relative)

3. path-relative and absolute

4. Relative paths MUST STAY RELATIVE!!!

5. Problem: Setting MSIE iframe innerHTML change relative href/src to absolute href/src

6. Absolute vs. Relative

7. Convert relative URL to absolute URL?

8. Parsing an HTML Document - Change Relative paths to fully qualified paths

9. Best method of determining path, relative path and/or flie name

10. convert absolut path to relative path

11. Creating relative directory path given fully-qualified path

12. Running VBA from relative rather than absolute file locations