ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?
Author Message
 ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?

Hello,

I'm looking for an universial ActiveX Control Container, which can host
ActiveX Controls made with VBCCE5 and which can be uses in WSH executed
VBScripts?

Or is there a way to build an ActiveX Control with VBCCE5 which has its own
form?

Any help would be nice!

Thx & C Ya
   Alex S.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:06:55 GMT
 ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?
hi Alex,

If you are looking for a way to show a vb form from an actX control, then go
here:

    http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm

and look for the wsh Lite Weight Form object.  (source code included).

If fact, you might just find that wshLWF will do what you want, without
bothering to write your own control.

cheers, jw

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm looking for an universial ActiveX Control Container, which can host
> ActiveX Controls made with VBCCE5 and which can be uses in WSH executed
> VBScripts?

> Or is there a way to build an ActiveX Control with VBCCE5 which has its
own
> form?

> Any help would be nice!

> Thx & C Ya
>    Alex S.

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:19:28 GMT
 ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?
hey jim,

thx a lot! your code/ocx is exact the kind of stuff i wanted.

thx & c ya
   alex

Quote:
> hi Alex,

> If you are looking for a way to show a vb form from an actX control, then
go
> here:

>     http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm

> and look for the wsh Lite Weight Form object.  (source code included).

> If fact, you might just find that wshLWF will do what you want, without
> bothering to write your own control.

> cheers, jw

> > Hello,

> > I'm looking for an universial ActiveX Control Container, which can host
> > ActiveX Controls made with VBCCE5 and which can be uses in WSH executed
> > VBScripts?

> > Or is there a way to build an ActiveX Control with VBCCE5 which has its
> own
> > form?

> > Any help would be nice!

> > Thx & C Ya
> >    Alex S.

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:17:46 GMT
 ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?
Hi ,

I tried to add the following code to your Control (LtWtForm Take 6) and
recompiled it with VBCCE5. Registered it with regsvr32. Then I added the
following line:

wscript.echo  oLWF.ShowActXForm("Publisher","csPublisher.ucMain")

to your sample wshTestLWF_FormObject.vbs (Take6). When I run the script, I
get an error that tells me that the Method is not supported. If I delete the
line, the example works perfect!?

When I look to the typelib with OLEVIEW, the MEthod is in the list:
        HRESULT DeleteForm();
        [id(0x60030005)]
        HRESULT ShowActXForm(
                        [in, out] BSTR* Titel,
                        [in, out] BSTR* Ctl,
                        [in, out, optional, defaultvalue("-1")] BSTR* Width,
                        [in, out, optional, defaultvalue("-1")] BSTR*
Height,
                        [out, retval] VARIANT* );
        [id(0x60030006)]
        HRESULT AddCtrl(
                        [in, out] BSTR* sCtrl,
                        [in, out] short* pxLeft,
                        [in, out] short* pxTop,
                        [in, out] short* pxWd,
                        [in, out] short* pxHt,
                        [in, out] BSTR* sText);
        [id(0x60030007)]

Do you have any idea, where the problem is?

C Ya
   Alex

PS: I have to use VBCCE5, because I have no full VB Version :-( In addition
I want to use VBCCE5, because it's easier to draw a GUI then to program it
:-)
---------------8< --------------------------------------------
Public WithEvents objUser As VB.UserControl

Public Function ShowActXForm(Titel$, Ctl$, Optional Width$ = -1, Optional
Height$ = -1) As Variant
  Set objUser = myForm.Controls.Add(Ctl$, "ctlUser")
  objUser.Visible = True
  myForm.Caption = Titel$
  myForm.Width = IIf(Width$ = -1, myForm!ctlUser.Width + 110, Width$)
  myForm.Height = IIf(Height$ = -1, myForm!ctlUser.Height + 390, Height$)
  myForm.Show vbModal
  Set objUser = Nothing
  Unload myForm
  ShowActXForm = "Empty"
End Function

Quote:
> hi Alex,

> If you are looking for a way to show a vb form from an actX control, then
go
> here:

>     http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm

> and look for the wsh Lite Weight Form object.  (source code included).

> If fact, you might just find that wshLWF will do what you want, without
> bothering to write your own control.

> cheers, jw

> > Hello,

> > I'm looking for an universial ActiveX Control Container, which can host
> > ActiveX Controls made with VBCCE5 and which can be uses in WSH executed
> > VBScripts?

> > Or is there a way to build an ActiveX Control with VBCCE5 which has its
> own
> > form?

> > Any help would be nice!

> > Thx & C Ya
> >    Alex S.

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:20:23 GMT
 ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?
hi Alex

You lost me.

mfg, jw

Quote:
> [...]

> End Function

> > hi Alex,

> > If you are looking for a way to show a vb form from an actX control,
then
> go
> > here:

> >     http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm

> > and look for the wsh Lite Weight Form object.  (source code included).

> > If fact, you might just find that wshLWF will do what you want, without
> > bothering to write your own control.

> > cheers, jw

> > > Hello,

> > > I'm looking for an universial ActiveX Control Container, which can
host
> > > ActiveX Controls made with VBCCE5 and which can be uses in WSH
executed
> > > VBScripts?

> > > Or is there a way to build an ActiveX Control with VBCCE5 which has

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:02:11 GMT

1. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

2. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

3. ActiveX control in DIV container with Z-order

4. Desperate: Setting a control on ActiveX control as a container

5. Detecting developer dropping controls into ActiveX control container - VB5 Events

6. creating activex control in VB5 as a container control

7. ActiveX Control Container -- Notification when child controls are created

8. Problem in VBA with ActiveX control that contains another ActiveX control

9. Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho

10. ActiveX control within ActiveX control Licencing Error 429

11. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control

12. W2K Doesn't Load ActiveX Control But W98 and WXP Do Load ActiveX Control Correctly