Editing Word Document On WebServer
Author Message
 Editing Word Document On WebServer

Does anyone know how to open and edit a word document over the internet on a
remote server and save it to the server using VB Script?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Randy

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:13:50 GMT
 Editing Word Document On WebServer
Hi Randy

One scenario is,

Server should be set properly. Place the file in the folder of read/write
access for IUser. In the client, get it via xmlhttp, edit it, send it. Now
the server will get it and save it via asp or something. There can be
security hole, so you may need ssl. I worry that can be a long journey if
you are not comportable with scripting and sever architecture in general.

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to open and edit a word document over the internet on
> remote server and save it to the server using VB Script?  Any help would
be
> greatly appreciated.

> Randy

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:01:35 GMT

1. Send a word document to the webserver?

2. VB Script and Text Editing (Converting in WORD documents to HTML)

3. Using Word to edit a document within a frame

4. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

5. Doing an edit replace on multiple word documents

6. web page for open, edit and submit a word document

7. Using Webbrowser Control to open and edit Word Documents

8. Edit Access OLE object Word document from VB 3

9. Beginner Question: Editing Word Document in VB

10. OLE Automation: Activating Word Documents and allow user to edit

11. preventing editing of word document in browser control

12. Can't edit exported Word document