A good WHS coding environment
Author Message
 A good WHS coding environment

I'd settle for one with color coding....  I have been having a version
of a new script going in VB to get the intellisensed object methods and
properties and a slightly different version that I use at the cmd line.
This is sometimes more trouble than it's worth,  once I get a better
handle on the objects and methods and properties I won't need this.

Then something such as simple color coding would be sweet.

Anyone know of something?

Quote:
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3DUS-ASCII">
> <META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
> 5.5.2650.12">
> <TITLE>A good WHS coding environment</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>

> <P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello,</FONT>
> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm just strating writing
=
> windows scripts and would like to know what is the best editor I can =
> use. I'm looking for something that acts a bit like VB6, giving you a
=
> list of events or properties as you write your code...</FONT></P>

> <P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any help greatly =
> appreciated.</FONT>
> </P>

> <P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Francis Ouellet </FONT>
> <BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Pragmatic =
> Technologies</FONT>
> </P>
> <BR>

> </P>

> </BODY>
> </HTML>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A good WHS coding environment

Create a new project in VB, put a button on the main form, and insert your code into the button clicked event.  Once you have debugged the code, cut and paste it into your script file.

Steve W.

    Hello,
         I'm just strating writing windows scripts and would like to know what is the best editor I can use. I'm looking for something that acts a bit like VB6, giving you a list of events or properties as you write your code...

         Any help greatly appreciated.

         Francis Ouellet
         Pragmatic Technologies

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A good WHS coding environment

A good WHS coding environmentDoes this imply that if it works in VBS, it will also work in VB ?
There are a number of basic differences that I have seen already and I consider neither are directly interchangeable.

Perhaps one could draft it in VBS and then paste behind a button in VB for debugging etc.

Anyone ??

Tom

  Create a new project in VB, put a button on the main form, and insert your code into the button clicked event.  Once you have debugged the code, cut and paste it into your script file.

  Steve W.

    Hello,
         I'm just strating writing windows scripts and would like to know what is the best editor I can use. I'm looking for something that acts a bit like VB6, giving you a list of events or properties as you write your code...

         Any help greatly appreciated.

         Francis Ouellet
         Pragmatic Technologies

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A good WHS coding environment

A good WHS coding environmentwhat?? that is you solution for a VBScript editor?

[...]

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. A good WHS coding environment

2. Best environment to develop WSH code?

3. Code speed in VB environment vs Compiled code

4. Closing the data environment for good!

5. Is ADO better than Data Environment connection

6. Best T-SQL and PL/SQL Server Programming Environment

7. VB 4.0, is WIN95 better environment??

8. Best Development Environment

9. Best way to open connection in COM+ environment?

10. What's the best settings in Data Environment when using MS SQL Server

11. Best way to send code from one HTML page to another

12. Good coding for textboxes?