MsgBox title..
Author Message
 MsgBox title..

Not really important...

I recently heared someone here saying that, as a security issue, 'VBScript'
is put in front of the MsgBox title everytime you call one.

But i have seen several occasions where it doesnt happen. Just my entered
title is shown.
Is that only in certain conditions?

ps: here's a screenshot I took of the Box where the 'vbscript'  isnt shown.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

ad this code generated the messagbox.

<code>
if f.txtLogin.Value = "" then
   MsgBox "You have not specified a valid login name." & vbCrLf & "Please
try again.", vbExclamation, "Login failure"
   exit sub
  end if
</code>

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:10:41 GMT
 MsgBox title..
It depends upon what the host of the MsgBox is.  ALL MsgBoxes run from
client-side code in IE will have the VBScript in its title and there is
no way to remove it.  Script run as stand alones (*.vbs) will NOT have
it, if a title is supplied in the call.

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Quote:

> Not really important...

> I recently heared someone here saying that, as a security issue,
> 'vbscript' is put in front of the MsgBox title everytime you call one.

> But i have seen several occasions where it doesnt happen. Just my
> entered title is shown.
> Is that only in certain conditions?

> ps: here's a screenshot I took of the Box where the 'vbscript'  isnt
> shown.

> http://www.defiance.nl/os/src/msgBox.jpg

> ad this code generated the messagbox.

> <code>
> if f.txtLogin.Value = "" then
>    MsgBox "You have not specified a valid login name." & vbCrLf & "Please
> try again.", vbExclamation, "Login failure"
>    exit sub
>   end if
> </code>

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:39:18 GMT
 MsgBox title..
well if you saw the screenshot, you can see it's('vbscript' in the title)
not there.
and the messagbox is created using client side vbscript on my website...

I have seen this a few times before. but there is no patern in it, sometimes
it shows, sometimes it doesnt..
jim

Quote:
> It depends upon what the host of the MsgBox is.  ALL MsgBoxes run from
> client-side code in IE will have the VBScript in its title and there is
> no way to remove it.  Script run as stand alones (*.vbs) will NOT have
> it, if a title is supplied in the call.

> Tom Lavedas
> -----------
> http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

> > Not really important...

> > I recently heared someone here saying that, as a security issue,
> > 'vbscript' is put in front of the MsgBox title everytime you call one.

> > But i have seen several occasions where it doesnt happen. Just my
> > entered title is shown.
> > Is that only in certain conditions?

> > ps: here's a screenshot I took of the Box where the 'vbscript'  isnt
> > shown.

> > http://www.defiance.nl/os/src/msgBox.jpg

> > ad this code generated the messagbox.

> > <code>
> > if f.txtLogin.Value = "" then
> >    MsgBox "You have not specified a valid login name." & vbCrLf &
"Please
> > try again.", vbExclamation, "Login failure"
> >    exit sub
> >   end if
> > </code>

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:38:57 GMT

1. msgbox Title

2. VBScript MSGBOX() Title

3. rid msgbox title of "VBScrpit "

4. msgBox Title

5. VBScript MsgBox Title

6. Customizing the msgbox title

7. "Vbscript" appears on msgBox title

8. MsgBox Title

9. Help! - Positioning msgbox/title bar/Access subform

10. Mysterious MsgBox title

11. How to add an Icon to Msgbox title?

12. Title only in title bar of msgbox