can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Author Message
 can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

I use the Windows Scripting Host vers. 5.1 but I can't create the
Wscript.Shell object.
I don't know what to do and I have to finish my script in 2 days. I would be
very very glad if there is anybody who can help me.

Thanks
mbc

P.S: I am sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand this peace ;-)

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:44:07 GMT
 can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
The syntax is:
Set oWiSh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Is this what you've tried already?  Post your code and it will be easier for
people to help you.

Quote:
> I use the Windows Scripting Host vers. 5.1 but I can't create the
> Wscript.Shell object.
> I don't know what to do and I have to finish my script in 2 days. I would
be
> very very glad if there is anybody who can help me.

> Thanks
> mbc

> P.S: I am sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand this peace
;-)

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:49:32 GMT
 can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Try manually re-registering wshom.ocx with regsvr32.exe.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I use the Windows Scripting Host vers. 5.1 but I can't create the
> Wscript.Shell object.
> I don't know what to do and I have to finish my script in 2 days. I would be
> very very glad if there is anybody who can help me.

> Thanks
> mbc

> P.S: I am sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand this peace ;-)

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:13:32 GMT
 can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Upgrade to VBScript 5.5

Quote:

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:02:32 GMT
 can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Thanks for your help, but I've found a solution. It was a bug in
WScript.exe. I found this information somewhere on the microsoft page. I
easily reinstalled the Windows Scripting Host.

Thanks

Quote:
> I use the Windows Scripting Host vers. 5.1 but I can't create the
> Wscript.Shell object.
> I don't know what to do and I have to finish my script in 2 days. I would
be
> very very glad if there is anybody who can help me.

> Thanks
> mbc

> P.S: I am sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand this peace
;-)

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:39:18 GMT

1. Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

2. Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

3. How to use CreateObject("wscript.shell").run( "some.exe")

5. can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") when running with cscript.exe

6. WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") fails on NT 4.0

7. I cannot use WScript.CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock","Tcp1_") in .hta

8. Using 'Word = WScript.CreateObject("Word.Application");'

9. CreateObject("wscript.shell") not working on IE 4.0

10. Event Log CreateObject("WScript.Shell") error Server-side script

11. problem with >> Set WshShell=CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

12. Why CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") doe not work from IE???