Passing arrays to Remote scripting methods
Author Message
 Passing arrays to Remote scripting methods

Hello

I am looking to call a remote scripting object, which in turn calls a COM
object which requires an Array as an in parameter.  If I pass my array from
the client script to the remote scripting call, such as

 Dim co
 Dim StatusArray(1)
 Dim StartDate
 Dim EndDate

 StartDate = "01/01/90"
 EndDate = "01/12/99"
 StatusArray(0) = 0
 StatusArray(1) = 1

 Set co = RSExecute(serverURL, "GetJobList", StatusArray, StartDate,
EndDate)

I get an error message "String expected".  On debugging into the Remote
scripting methods.  The call failed on the method

function _MSRS_buildURL(url,method,args)

on the line

params += '&p' + i + '=' + _MSRS__escapePlus(escape(arg));

does anyone know, the reason for this failure, is it possible to pass arrays
as parameters in remote scripting calls.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

--
Peter Barber

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing arrays to Remote scripting methods

Nope...  Strings only, I'm afraid..

/ Henry =)

Quote:
> Hello

> I am looking to call a remote scripting object, which in turn calls a COM
> object which requires an Array as an in parameter.  If I pass my array
from
> the client script to the remote scripting call, such as

>  Dim co
>  Dim StatusArray(1)
>  Dim StartDate
>  Dim EndDate

>  StartDate = "01/01/90"
>  EndDate = "01/12/99"
>  StatusArray(0) = 0
>  StatusArray(1) = 1

>  Set co = RSExecute(serverURL, "GetJobList", StatusArray, StartDate,
> EndDate)

> I get an error message "String expected".  On debugging into the Remote
> scripting methods.  The call failed on the method

> function _MSRS_buildURL(url,method,args)

> on the line

> params += '&p' + i + '=' + _MSRS__escapePlus(escape(arg));

> does anyone know, the reason for this failure, is it possible to pass
arrays
> as parameters in remote scripting calls.

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks

> --
> Peter Barber

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing arrays to Remote scripting methods
Actually, I was under the assumption that you could pass an array as a
parameter using the Command object, and then feed it paramters using the
Parameters collection.  However, I'm only starting to use to Command object,
so I really can't say that I know what I'm talking about.

-=Tek Boy=-

Quote:

> Nope...  Strings only, I'm afraid..

> / Henry =)

> > Hello

> > I am looking to call a remote scripting object, which in turn calls a
COM
> > object which requires an Array as an in parameter.  If I pass my array
> from
> > the client script to the remote scripting call, such as

> >  Dim co
> >  Dim StatusArray(1)
> >  Dim StartDate
> >  Dim EndDate

> >  StartDate = "01/01/90"
> >  EndDate = "01/12/99"
> >  StatusArray(0) = 0
> >  StatusArray(1) = 1

> >  Set co = RSExecute(serverURL, "GetJobList", StatusArray, StartDate,
> > EndDate)

> > I get an error message "String expected".  On debugging into the Remote
> > scripting methods.  The call failed on the method

> > function _MSRS_buildURL(url,method,args)

> > on the line

> > params += '&p' + i + '=' + _MSRS__escapePlus(escape(arg));

> > does anyone know, the reason for this failure, is it possible to pass
> arrays
> > as parameters in remote scripting calls.

> > Any help is appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > --
> > Peter Barber

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing arrays to remote scripting methods

2. ?Passing arrays from Server script to Client Script

3. ?Passing arrays from Server script to Client Script

4. problem using CopyFile method in remote script

5. How do I pass an array to ActiveX control method

6. Passing dynamic array of custom type to form method from another form

7. Passing control array to method

8. passing an array to a script

9. Passing information in remote scripting

10. Passing a parameter to a remote script

11. 'Remote Scripting Error: Page invoked does not support remote scripting

12. passing an array to a script