Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
Author Message
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

Is it possible to use an ADODB.Command object in client (browser) side
scripting?

<script language=VBScript>
    Dim cmd
    Set cmd = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")    'Generates an error, can't
instantiated
</script>

I can query the database using SQL and a Recordset object but I can't create
the Command object for my stored procedures.

Is this a limitation in the client-side scripting or have I missed
something?  I would have thought all the ADO objects would work if the
Recordset object works.

Thanks!
David

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:51:52 GMT
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
"ADODB.Command" is considered an "unsafe" component on the client side. With
lowered security, you *can* create it on the client side...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Is it possible to use an ADODB.Command object in client (browser) side
> scripting?

> <script language=vbscript>
>     Dim cmd
>     Set cmd = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")    'Generates an error, can't
> instantiated
> </script>

> I can query the database using SQL and a Recordset object but I can't
create
> the Command object for my stored procedures.

> Is this a limitation in the client-side scripting or have I missed
> something?  I would have thought all the ADO objects would work if the
> Recordset object works.

> Thanks!
> David

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:19:37 GMT
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
Hmm, what a nuissance.  Thanks for the info!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:38:25 GMT

1. Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

2. Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

3. Sending command to a FoxPro database using ADODB.Command Object

4. Using adodb command object with transferspreadsheet

5. Using where IN with a ADODB.Command object...

6. Err in using ADODB Command Object in VB.Net

7. ADODB command object

8. Problem creating ADODB.command object in asp.

9. Access - VBA - Object Browser - ADODB - F1 ?

10. When to use ADODB.Command Object in ADO Programming

11. ADODB.Command Connection Error in MTS object

12. When to use ADODB.Command Object in ADO Programming